EW/EA - Electronic Warfare Systems Engineer
BAE Systems is developing systems in the Electronic Attack (EA) and Electronic Support (ES) domains of Electronic Warfare (EW). Motivated and positive minded engineers must hold an Active United States security clearance and skilled in areas needed for cross-functional, multi-disciplinary teams. BAE Systems is focused on enhancing operational EW capabilities for a wide variety of platforms. Constituent to the EW objectives of improving air vehicle survivability and executing suppression and destruction of enemy air defenses, BAE Systems develops technology for RF sensing, signal processing, identification, detection, and geolocation of emitters.
Duties and Responsibilities: This position will involve developing, integrating and testing new EA and ES systems and performing systems engineering functions such as developing and managing systems level requirements, developing operational systems concepts, performing system architecture trade studies, originating design concepts or performing systems level integration and test for highly complex systems.
Responsibilities may include:
1. Working on a team of engineers (Hardware, Software and Systems) on EA and ES related programs.
2. Performing one of more of the following systems engineering functions:
a. Analyzes and develops EA techniques to counter current and emerging threats to airborne platforms.
b. Reviews, develops and documents system level operational concepts and mission statements.
c. Develops and evaluates complex system designs and architectures.
d. Plans and perform test and verification activities including: functional, environmental qualification, environmental stress screening and production tests.
e. Performs system level integration and test of EA and ES systems.
f. Performs lab debug and analysis of EA techniques.
g. Verifies complex system designs to ensure conformance with functional specifications and customer requirements.
h. Develops and analyzes mathematically complex and computationally intricate jammer and geolocation algorithms.
i. Prepares and/or delivers customer and technical presentations .
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
Specific skills within the Electronic Support (ES) and Electronic Attack (EA) domains of Electronic Warfare (EW) to include:
- Experience performing SE activities on complex programs.
- Knowledge of radar signal processing techniques.
- Understanding of radar operation and employment including cooperative engagements.
- Understanding of RWR and SIGINT systems.
- Ability to effectively document, communicate and work with a team on designs, results, reports and presentations.
- Possess EW integration and test, RF electrical troubleshooting, and fault isolation abilities.
- Proficiency with various types of test equipment and software packages.
- Design knowledge of EW system hardware as it relates to the detection and countering of radar and missile system engagements.
Preferred Skills and Education – Familiar with digital signal processing concepts including FFT and DRFM
- Knowledge of advanced antenna technologies and performance.
- Understanding of surface and airborne radar and missile system employment, capabilities and processing to include Electronic Counter-Countermeasures (ECCM).
- Knowledge of onboard and/or offboard EA systems as it relates to platform survivability.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Electronic Systems, based in Nashua, New Hampshire, provides systems and products that maximize the effectiveness and safety of fighting forces and first responders. Its offerings include infrared countermeasures and electronic protection systems for military and civilian aircraft; information management systems; signal acquisition, analysis, and exploitation systems that optimize use of the electromagnetic spectrum by friendly forces while denying its use by adversaries; interoperable communications systems for firefighters and other first responders; thermal weapon sights; precision targeting systems; situational awareness systems for ground vehicles; night-vision systems; identification friend or foe systems; and radiation-hardened electronics. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top