EW Systems Engineer
BAE Systems is developing systems in the Electronic Attack (EA) domain of Electronic Warfare (EW). Motivated, positive minded, and challenge seeking engineers highly skilled in EA are needed for cross-functional, multi-disciplinary teams. BAE Systems is focused on enhancing operational EW capabilities for a wide variety of platforms. Constituent to the EW objectives of improving air vehicle survivability and executing suppression and destruction of enemy air defenses, BAE Systems develops technology for RF sensing, signal processing, identification, detection, and geolocation of emitters.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This position will involve developing new EA techniques for application in EW systems and performing systems engineering functions such as developing and managing systems level requirements, developing operational systems concepts, performing system architecture trade studies, originating design concepts or performing systems level integration and test for highly complex systems.
Responsibilities may include:
1. Performing one of more of the following systems engineering functions:
a. Analyzes and develops EA techniques to counter current and emerging threats to airborne platforms.
b. Reviews, develops and documents system level operational concepts and mission statements.
c. Develops and evaluates complex system designs and architectures.
d. Develops and analyzes mathematically complex and computationally intricate EA and geolocation algorithms.
e. Performs and Validates Threat Analysis to develop EA techniques.
f. Performs system level integration and test of EA systems.
g. Performs lab debug and analysis of EA techniques.
h. Verifies and validates complex system designs to ensure conformance with functional specifications and customer requirements.
2. Supporting proposal development activities, including proposal text development, cost estimating and presentation activities.
3. Estimating systems cost and schedules by reviewing statements of work for new and revised projects.
4. Preparing and/or delivering basic customer and technical presentations.
5. Will have extensive outside contact with customers, other contractors and government officials.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Required education: Bachelor Degree and 12+ year(s) related experience.
Required Skills: Specific skills within the Electronic Support Measures (ESM)/Electronic Attack (EA) domains of Electronic Warfare (EW) to include:
- Detailed understanding of Surface and Airborne Radar and Missile System employment, capabilities and processing to include Electronic Counter-Countermeasures (ECCM) / Electronic Protection (EP) .
- Experience with the offensive (stand-off/escort) and/or offensive (self-protection) EA systems.
- Experience with the development of onboard and/or offboard EA systems as it relates to platform survivability.
- EW system hardware design knowledge as it relates to the detection and countering of radar and missile system engagements.
- In-depth understanding of radar signal processing techniques including ECCM/EP.
- Understands radar operation and employment including cooperative engagements.
- Understands RWR and SIGINT systems.
- Understands EA/ESM systems architectures.
- Familiar with digital signal processing concepts including FFT and DRFM
- RF / FPGA IV&V skills to include lab debug and analysis work.
- Ability to analyze and model atmospheric propagation of RF signals.
- Knowledge of advanced antenna technologies and performance. Ability to model antenna impacts on received and transmitted signals. Understanding of antenna patterns, polarization, bandwidth, beamwidth etc.
- Ability to effectively document, communicate and work with a team on designs, results, reports and presentations. Preferred Skills and Education – B.S. Electrical Engineering with classes leading to an M.S. in either Systems or Electrical Engineering.
- Active United States security clearance, preferably Top Secret
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 100,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Electronic Solutions, based in Nashua, New Hampshire, provides systems and products that maximize the effectiveness and safety of fighting forces and first responders. Its offerings include infrared countermeasures and electronic protection systems for military and civilian aircraft; information management systems; signal acquisition, analysis, and exploitation systems that optimize use of the electromagnetic spectrum by friendly forces while denying its use by adversaries; interoperable communications systems for firefighters and other first responders; thermal weapon sights; precision targeting systems; situational awareness systems for ground vehicles; night-vision systems; identification friend or foe systems; and radiation-hardened electronics. Electronic Solutions also includes the group’s Technology Solutions unit, which joins the business with government research organizations and industry to develop and demonstrate innovative system concepts in such areas as situational awareness, communications and networking, and precision targeting. People are the greatest asset in any Company. BAE Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Back to top