Event Management Systems Engineer - Netcool
We are seeking an Event Management Engineer to support the Joint Regional Security Stack (JRSS) team at Fort Meade, MD.
In this role, you will perform installation, administration, management, configuration, testing, and integration tasks related to the Joint Regional Security Stack (JRSS) Event Management System (EMS). The JRSS EMS is built on the IBM Tivoli Netcool Product suite. You will work to develop shell and Perl scripts to facilitate automated tasks. Additionally, you will produce standard documentation such as System Design Procedures (SDP), Engineering Design Procedures (EDP), Techniques Tactics and Procedures (TTP), and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a High School Diploma and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Must have experience with EMS tools; including architecture, installation, configuration, and administration.
- Must hold current DoD 8570 IAT2 certification (Security+ CE) or higher.
- Must hold ACTIVE Secret Security clearance with SSBI.
- Requires BS degree and 9+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 7+ years of prior relevant experience. Equivalent work experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Event management rules development, performance threshold management, event analysis.
- Experience with tools in an enterprise environment.
- A solid understanding of SNMP, Syslog, RMON, and other messaging and agent facilities.
- Good understanding of integrations, protocols, data flow, and databases.
- Good understanding of industry standards and best practices i.e., Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), Information Technology Service Management (ITSM), ITU-T Telecommunications Management Network (TMN), and others.
- Strong background with Linux and Windows operating systems and servers.
- Scripting and programming languages including Perl, Shell Scripting, VBScript, HTML, CGI, PHP, or other.
- Specialized experience with the IBM Tivoli Netcool Suite - Omnibus, Probes, WebGUI, Websphere, Jazz, ITM, ITNM, Impact, TCR, TBSM and DB2.
- Solid foundation in networking concepts, i.e., routing, switching, IP addressing, and Internet routing protocols.
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top