ETL Data Warehouse Developer (MS BI, MS SQL, SSIS)
The successful candidate will be a part of the team that is responsible for Enterprise Business Intelligence. This position requires that the candidate understands, uses and applies technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques and provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate to high scope and complexity. The candidate will also regularly interact with the customers to understand, document and communicate their needs, perform requirements analysis, develop and deliver data warehousing solutions as per the requirements and contribute to the development and delivery of documentation. The candidate will work under the general direction of the manager and/or the Project Manager and will independently determine and develop approach to solutions. The candidate will follow established procedures and contribute to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects and keep up-to-date with the technology shifts through training.
This position requires a wide range of technical development, design, and multitasking skills.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Data Warehousing Development and Design Experience
- Expertise in ETL between Homogenous and Heterogeneous Systems
- Expertise with ETL workflow design using MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Expertise in designing stored procedures/TSQL coding, performance tuning, and query optimization.
- Proficient in T-SQL for developing complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Tables, user defined functions, relational database models and data integrity, and SQL joins.
- Experienced in logical and physical database design & development, data conversion, database normalization and data modelling using tools such as ERwin and/or SQL Server Enterprise manager.
- Experience in creating jobs, SQL Mail Agent, Alerts and schedule SSIS Packages
- Experience in creating SSIS packages.
- Experience in SSIS Migration and Metadata Management
- MS SQL Server 2012/2014/2016 suite of products Experience designing, maintaining & tuning MS SQL Server and strong knowledge of SDLC principles.
- Creating, updating and removing data source connections
- Experience in developing technical and process documentation Experience in implementing data level and application level security
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Work individually and in a matrix environment
- Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Interact professionally with clients and vendors
- Build positive working relationships with employees at all levels within the organization
- Meet deadlines as necessary
- Effectively work with minimal supervision
- Work effectively in a Virtual Environment
- Ability to work non-standard hours when required
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced, high-stress environment
- Experience in using version control apps such as Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Knowledge of ITIL concepts
- Knowledge of Engineering, Manufacturing, or Finance concepts
- Project Management skills and knowledge
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. People are the greatest asset in any Company. BAE Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top