- Jacksonville, FL
BAE Systems Inc is currently recruiting for an Estimator to join our Jacksonville Ship Repair business.We are open to candidates with and without experience and are willing to train the right person for a career in the Ship Repair industry. As an Estimator, you will develop detailed labor, material and subcontract estimates for ship work in support of repair solicitations for government and commercial vessels. You will perform estimating duties in accordance with BAE policy and directives, be able to read and interpret 4-E work specifications, standard items, and references. You also will create work specifications for commercial work and develop an understanding of Commercial rules and regulations. You will coordinate with Contract Administrators, Material Planners, Subcontract Administrators, Planning personnel, and Production personnel in the development of estimates and be able to develop work standards obtained from post review of the estimate to a completed job. Lastly, you will create cost models for cost estimating elements.
Required Skills and Education
Required education: High School/GED
- Ideal candidates will have a minimum of 5 years of experience in repairs of Government/Commercial vessels and/or marine repair.
- Contracts administration experience is preferred but not necessary
- Must be able to read, interpret, and understand 4-E work specifications and drawings.
- Must be able to work professionally with others in the development of estimates.
- A detailed-oriented and self-motivated individual is a must.
- Intermediate/advanced level skills in Microsoft Word and Excel. Experience in AutoCAD and projects is an asset.
- Ability to read and interpret reports for labor, material, and subcontractor costs for development and standards and understanding of repair work required.
- Able to climb, stop, bend, to perform inspections aboard ships at port an at sea. Able to travel to remote and foreign locations. Able to meet the requirements for PPE and OSHA training. .
Bachelor's degree in a Marine Engineering major or related field preferred, but not required.
Actual Navy/Commercial shipboard/shipyard experience with repair standards and practices are desired.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair...just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Back to top