Equipment Maintenance Technician
BAE Systems is hiring for an Equipment Maintenance Technician.
The work we do at BAE Systems matters. We create innovative technologies and solutions that give our military and commercial customers an edge. We seek strong technical engineers with passion and integrity, the ability to solve complex problems, and an interest in making a significant impact. Are you up for the challenge? It's more than a job. It's inspired work.
This role will be responsible to carry out preventative maintenance on foundry production equipment by following predefined maintenance procedures; best known methods. Additional responsibilities are as follows:
- Use production software programs to record completion of scheduled and unscheduled maintenance tasks and any related data collection.
- Communicate with other maintenance team members and equipment users, both verbally and via email, of completion of tasks and any follow up actions required.
- Carry out basic troubleshooting on Foundry Production equipment, based on level of experience and training.
- Position necessitates working as part of the Fab Maintenance team on new equipment installs.
- Will be expected to work and grow to become the position
- Must be able to quickly react to change of priorities as directed by your supervisor.
- This position requires wearing cleanroom attire and working in a cleanroom environment.
- As a Technician, standing, kneeling, reaching and occasional lifting 30+lbs may be required to repair equipment.
- To perform some tasks, you will be required to wear PPE and must be willing to safely work with hazardous materials & chemicals.
- Will be responsible for supporting other Equipment Maintenance activities such as parts & chemical inventories, general purchasing needs, etc.
- Will be responsible for routine tasks of gas bottle changes, shipping out of parts or equipment for cleaning or repair.
Associates degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience that is consistent with BAE leveling chart
Required Skills and Education
- Minimum of 2 years troubleshooting, maintaining & repairing semiconductor manufacturing equipment. Particularly experienced in Metals or Dry Chemistry Production areas.
- Knowledge of High Vacuum Technology is preferred. Preferred to have knowledge in other Semiconductor Production areas, e.g. Photolithography or Wet Chemistry or Implant
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top