EOIR Technology Development Manager
BAE Systems is seeking energetic Technology Development Manager (TDM) candidates to augment our research and development team focused on cutting edge Electro-Optical Infrared (EOIR) sensors, and Sensor System Processing. The successful candidate will be an individual contributor and program team lead responsible for developing and demonstrating next generation EOIR sensors, systems, and techniques. We are looking for an experienced TDM to work all phases including business capture, proposal development, and program execution.
Specific job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Model, analyze, and test EOIR systems and components for a variety of military applications.
- Execute and analyze EOIR laboratory and field experiments.
- Develop and demonstrate advanced algorithms, measurement techniques, and systems prototypes.
- Lead small interdisciplinary teams to meet program technical and schedule goals
- Develop external proposals for novel technologies, algorithms, or systems
Typical Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree and 15 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- BS in EE, Physics, Optics, Electro-optics or equivalent with 15+ years of experience working with complex EOIR systems; or MS in EE, Physics, Optics, Electro-Optics or equivalent with 13+ years of experience working with complex EOIR systems.
- US Citizen with active Secret clearance.
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary teams consisting of mechanical, electrical, optical, software and systems engineers.
- Experience working independently and interacting effectively with project management to achieve project goals.
- In-depth working knowledge of lasers, precision pointing of laser beams, design of pointing systems, performance testing of optical components and subsystems, technology and system trade studies related to ladar and atmospheric modeling.
- Experience implementing systems engineering practices and working knowledge of DoD product development lifecycle
Preferred Skills and Education
- Demonstrated history of proposals, project capture, and customer interaction
- Expertise in at least one optical application including Infrared Countermeasures, Passive detection and tracking, LIDAR, coherent LIDAR, atmospheric modeling
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top