Envrionmental Technician III
Intermediate-level position. The normal hours for this position will primarily be from 12:30pm to 9:00pm, Monday to Friday. Weekend duty (6:00AM – 2:30PM) will be assigned on a rotational basis. The Second shift Environmental Technician III shall receive and document containerized wastes in accordance with Pearl Harbor Naval Shipyard and Intermediate Maintenance Facility procedures. This individual will conduct regular environmental inspections to document compliance with local, state, and federal permits, rules, regulations; and BAE Hawaii Shipyards policies/procedures. The individual will conduct internal audits, review procedures, enter monthly reports, and assist with the completion of corrective actions. Activities may also include responding to spills of hazardous material or waste. This position requires a moderate degree of manual labor.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensuring compliance of hazardous materials and waste storage areas at Bravo Piers, Dry Dock 4, Bldg. 1444, and Bldg. 388.
- Conduct inspections of facilities and processes to ensure implementation of compliance obligations. Some inspections include spill kits, dry dock, flammable lockers, etc.
- Updates Access database daily with results from environmental surveillances.
- Receives waste from subcontractors and company trades for disposal at the Navy waste facility. Ensures proper labeling and completion of waste turn-in documentation.
- Maintains equipment required for the job. Equipment includes sampling equipment, PPE, SAA materials, drums, etc .
- Assists with answering and researching government CARs (Corrective Action Reports).
- Prepares and submits monthly regulatory reports.
- Represent BAE Hawaii Shipyards during environmental inspections and audits.
- Respond to spills of hazardous materials or waste (making notifications, writing spill reports, etc.).
- Assist with the development and execution of environmental training .
- Additional duties as assigned.
MAJOR BUSINESS/PROFESSIONAL CONTACTS:
- Primary customer contact is Code 106.3 (Pearl Harbor Naval Shipyard Environmental department).
- BAE internal contacts include but aren’t limited to Program management, Production, Quality, Planning & Estimating, and subcontractors.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS (REPORTS TO/SUPERVISION EXERCISED):
Reports to the Environmental Supervisor.
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS : Inside: 50% Outside: 50% Required Skills and Education Must be able to obtain and maintain base access to Joint Base Pearl Harbor Hickam
Must be a US citizen or Naturalized citizen
Previous work in the field of environmental, safety, health or a related field 3 years minimum or equivalent education.
Must be able to work all shifts, weekends and overtime, as required. The normal hours for this position will usually be from 12:30pm to 9:00pm, Monday to Friday. Weekend duty will be assigned on a rotational basis and candidate must be available to work from 6:00am to 2:30pm.
Must have experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Power point.
Work will be 25-30% inside and 70-75% outside.
Good communication skills; ability to teach large groups and interact with people on various levels.
Must be able to board ships, enter confined spaces with limited visibility and have the ability to climb up and down stairs and/or ladders of varying heights
Must be able to work outdoors under all weather conditions
Must be physically and medically qualified to wear required personal protective equipment
Waste management training/experience (RCRA and Non-RCRA)
Must have a valid driver’s license About BAE Systems Platforms & Services Posting BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top