Environmental Test Technician
- Merrimack, NH
BAE Systems is looking for an Environmental Test Technician IV or V - Day shift. This position is for support - Monday - Friday 07:00 am to 4:30 pm (9/80 schedule).
1. Candidate will support the Engineering and Production groups with the set up and operation of equipment such as Vibration Systems, Thermal Cycling and Thermal Shock machines in order to perform moderately complex environmental tests regarding temperature, temperature/humidity, altitude, thermal shock and various types of vibration.
2. Sets up and uses the following monitoring and control equipment and instrumentation:
- Temperature, humidity and altitude controls
- Thermocouples, data loggers
- Vibration controls, accelerometer systems
- Pressure and air flow instrumentation
- A wide variety of test and measurement systems/equipment ranging from complex automated test equipment stands to individual test instruments such as oscilloscopes, DMMs, logic analyzers and other electronic instrumentation.
3. Conducts simulated environmental tests by following standard test methods and procedures. Work with engineering procedures/instructions and/or verbal instructions.
4. Processes and compiles product data in complete data packages, including quality information and defect recording.
5. Maintains test logbooks with pertinent test information
6. Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
Required Skills and Education
- Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of (3) years of experience in Environmental Testing at either a commercial or internal OEM facility
- Basic Computer skills in a MS Windows environment
- Must be a self-starter and able to work well both solo and in a team environment
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status .
Preferred Skills and Education
- Direct experience working on Environmental Chambers and Vibration systems
- Associates degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or similar
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top