Environmental Technician II
Primary responsibilities are to receive, document, and dispose of containerized wastes in accordance with Pearl Harbor Naval Shipyard and Intermediate Maintenance Facility procedures. Secondary responsibilities are to conduct periodic environmental inspections to document compliance with local, state, and Federal permits, rules, and regulations, and BAE Hawaii Shipyards policies and procedures.
Key Job Responsibilities include:
- Receives waste from subcontractors and company trades for disposal at the Navy waste facility.
- Ensures proper labeling, completion of waste turn-in documentation, and disposal.
- Maintains Hazardous Waste Satellite Accumulation Areas and Non-RCRA waste accumulation areas in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Inspects and documents satellite accumulation areas for compliance.
- Communicates frequently with company employees, subcontractors, and customer ( US Navy, Code 106.3, Code 400, etc.)
- Communicates periodically with various vendors for environmental equipment products, research and sales.
- Utilizes and maintains daily to record inspections
- Researches environmental issues for concerns
- Develops and conducts environmental training
- Writes reports
- Maintains departmental files for ships, subcontractors, etc.
- Maintains equipment and tools required for the job. Equipment includes sampling equipment, PPE, SAA materials, drums, etc.
- Updates Access database daily with results from environmental surveillances.
- Assists with answering and researching government CARs (Corrective Action Reports).
- Checks containment on ship decks.
- Conducts various inspections such as dry dock, flam lockers, spill kits, etc. for environmental compliance.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Education
- Must be able to obtain and maintain base access to Joint Base Pearl Harbor Hickam
- Must be a US citizen or Naturalized citizen.
- Must have a High School diploma or GED.
- Must be able to work all shifts, weekends and overtime, as required. The normal hours for this position will usually be from 12:30pm to 9:00pm, Monday to Friday. Weekend duty will be assigned on a rotational basis and candidate must be available to work from 6:00am to 2:30pm.
- Must have experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Power point.
- Previous work in the field of environmental, safety, health or a related field (2 years minimum) or equivalent education.
Job requires a higher level of fitness than most due to the nature of work, locations where work is being performed, and the nature of getting to those locations. Work will be 25-30% inside and 70-75% outside.
- Must be able to board ships, enter confined spaces with limited visibility and have the ability to climb up and down stairs and/or ladders of varying heights.
Good communication skills; ability to teach large groups and interact with people on various levels.
- Must be able to work outdoors under all weather conditions.
- Must be physically and medically qualified to wear required personal protective equipment.
Preferred Skills and Education Maritime knowledge a plus About BAE Systems Platforms & Services Posting BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top