Please note this is for our Week End Night Shift Friday ,Saturday and Sunday 3 12 hour days from 3:30 PM to 3:30 AM you will be paid for 40 hours and only work 36 plus receive a 15% pay premium for that shift
Operates basic environmental simulation equipment and monitoring equipment and instrumentation in order to perform environmental tests on IEWS’ products.
Required Skills and Education SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
Requires a High School diploma with an electro-mechanical aptitude with two (2) years related experience.
- Operates basic laboratory equipment such as vibration systems, shock machines, centrifuges, hydrostatic pressure facilities, leak/seal test equipment, tensile-compression test machine power source equipment, etc. in order to perform environmental tests regarding temperature, humidity, altitude, thermal shock, salt, fog, etc.
- Uses the following basic laboratory monitoring and control equipment and instrumentation:
- temperature, humidity and altitude controls
- thermocouples and data loggers
- vibration controls, accelerometer and velocity systems
- pressure and air flow instrumentation
- oscilloscopes, x-y recorders and strip chart and oscillograph recorders
- voltmeters, ammeters, watt meters and various other electrical instrumentation
- Conducts simulated environmental tests following standard environmental test methods and procedures.
- Processes environmental and product data by performing the following functions:
- temperature data logging, tabulation and reduction
- accelerometer x-y plotting and strip chart recording
- shock pulse oscilloscope recording and photographing
- air flow data tabulation
- pressure transducer data logging, strip chart recording and data reduction
- product (test item) performance data tabulation and reduction
- Maintains test log books with pertinent test information including test item identification, test equipment and instrumentation tabulation, schematics of test set-ups sketches of set-ups showing thermocouples, accelerometer and other transducer locations and orientations, test dates, times, personnel and any other information concerning the testing.
- Fabricates and sets-up electrical, mechanical and electro-mechanical test jigs and fixtures. Requires the proper use of hand tools including air wrenches, power drills, taps and dies, soldering irons, insert tools, drill presses, power saws and belt IEWS/grinders.
- Conducts routine equipment maintenance and repairs including fan/motor lubrication, filter cleaning/replacement, pump oil replacement, parts replacement, general cleaning and lubrication and various other maintenance/repair functions.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
Preferred Skills and Education Associates Degree in Electronic Technology or equivalent.
Applicant must be able to attain a Secret Clearance
Applicant must have good written and verbal communication skills
Applicant must be a strong team player
Applicant must be willing to work overtime About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Electronic Systems, based in Nashua, New Hampshire, provides systems and products that maximize the effectiveness and safety of fighting forces and first responders. Its offerings include infrared countermeasures and electronic protection systems for military and civilian aircraft; information management systems; signal acquisition, analysis, and exploitation systems that optimize use of the electromagnetic spectrum by friendly forces while denying its use by adversaries; interoperable communications systems for firefighters and other first responders; thermal weapon sights; precision targeting systems; situational awareness systems for ground vehicles; night-vision systems; identification friend or foe systems; and radiation-hardened electronics. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top