The Environmental Supervisor will be responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining programs for environmental protection and compliance obligations; oversight of Best Management Practices (BMPs); participating in emergency planning activities; leading environmental incident investigations, integrating environmental programs in the production environment; and environmental training of employees.
Job emphasis includes hazardous material and waste management, SPCC, Over Water Transfers, Storm Water, and Environmental Management System (EMS) maintenance. Supervisor responsibilities include assessing and organizing work tasks and assigning Environmental Technician job duties to ensure support of production activity and providing status reports and other information for management’s review and assimilation into production and planning efforts.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, implement, and maintain shipyard environmental programs including, but not limited to, stormwater, NPDES, hazardous materials/waste, SPCC, air quality, overwater transfers, emergency planning/response, and environmental BMPs
- Oversee/conduct inspections, internal audits, and subcontractor audits to maintain environmental compliance
- Review environmental discrepancies looking for trends and assign corrective actions to mitigate environmental risks.
- Ensure that corrective actions from audits, inspections, CARs (corrective action reports), and incident investigations are completed and effective.
- Maintain the site’s ISO 14001 Environmental Management System Certification
- Oversee the preparation and submission of regulatory reports
- Communicate frequently with company employees, subcontractors, corporate environmental, upper management, and customer (US Navy, Code 106.3, Code 103, etc.)
- Represent BAE Hawaii Shipyards during environmental inspections and audits.
- Provide direction and training to subordinates, peers, trades, and subcontractors
- Oversee environmental technicians to maintain site environmental compliance
MAJOR BUSINESS/PROFESSIONAL CONTACTS:
- Primary customer contact is Code 106.3 (Pearl Harbor Naval Shipyard).
- BAE internal contacts include but aren’t limited to Program management, Production, Quality, Subcontracts, Planning & Estimating, upper management, and corporate environmental.
- Frequent contact with subcontractors working for BAE Systems. Contact with regulatory agencies inspecting BAE Systems facilities/operations.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS (REPORTS TO/SUPERVISION EXERCISED):
Reports to the SHE (Safety, Health, and Environmental) manager.
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS : Inside: 70% Outside: 30%
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION/TRAINING REQUIRED:
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Environmental Science, Chemistry or other related field.
- Knowledge and practical experience with state and federal environmental regulations pertaining to Air Quality, Hazardous Materials and Waste, Stormwater, Wastewater, NPDES, Overwater Transfer of Oil, ISO 14001, and knowledge of principles of chemical safety.
- Must possess above average computer skills including MS Excel, MS Access, MS PowerPoint, and MS Word.
- Able to communicate effectively in writing and verbally with production, subcontractors, management, customers, and regulatory agencies.
- Needs to be a highly motivated, organized, results-driven self-starter.
- Able to coordinate multiple priorities at the same time in a fast-paced environment with little oversight or supervision. Able to work closely with staff from all crafts/departments to achieve desired result.
- Must be able to motivate, train and develop staff within the department and provide a challenging and positive work environment.
- Must be a US citizen or Naturalized citizen
- Must be eligible to receive base access to Joint Base Pearl Harbor Hickam
- Maintain a valid Hawaii Driver’s License
- Must be able to work from 6:00AM to 2:30PM Monday through Friday and overtime as needed
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services Posting BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top