BAE Systems is seeking an Environmental Engineer/Scientist to support the environmental regulatory compliance and environmental protection. Duties will also include pollution prevention and waste minimization. This individual will provide regulatory guidance and support on all aspects of regulations including permitting, reporting, training, auditing and assessments for both current processes and activities and projects. Duties will include:
- Preparation of reports and notifications
- Environmental and process data review
- Conducting inspections
- Oversight of documentation
- Regulatory and permitting guidance to the facility
- Conducting audits
- Supporting the environmental management system
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Bachelor of Science in Environmental / Biology / Chemistry or other related field with Degree and a minimum of two (2) years of work experience in environmental regulatory compliance
- Ability to work independently and interact with representatives of regulatory agencies in a professional manner
- Good analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to meet project deliverables and deadlines required
- Valid VA Driver's License required
Preferred Skills and Education
- 4 years of work experience in environmental regulatory compliance.
- Experience in a chemical manufacturing or industrial setting
- Thorough knowledge EPA and of the Commonwealth of Virginia environmental permitting regulations
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair...just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Arun P.Program Engineering Manager
Arun oversees the technical and operational aspects of engine control system projects for the company’s commercial airline clients around the world.
Back to top