Environmental, Health & Safety Specialist
The Safety Health & Environment (SHE) organization is a trusted business partner committed to supporting all employees in delivering a safe, healthy, and environmentally responsible workplace. SHE provides innovative solutions to reduce risk, resulting in quality products and services and on-time delivery to our customers. A challenging opportunity exists for a motivated individual to join the SHE team at the Austin, TX location.
In coordination with the Austin Site Safety, Health & Environmental (SHE) Advisor, the SHE Specialist will provide technical and advisory support in assigned campus-wide SHE programs including but not limited to: hearing conservation, respiratory protection, fall protection, machine guarding, confined space, powered industrial trucks, hand & power tools, ergonomics, personal protective equipment.
- Plans and implements procedures, programs, and files regulatory reports in compliance with local, state, and federal agencies
- Inspects organization facilities (safety audits) to detect existing or potential incident and health hazards, determines corrective or preventative measures where indicated, and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented
- Serve on the safety committee and provide guidance and support to the safety committee chair
- Conduct incident investigations including the determination of root cause/corrective action
- Conduct Job Safety Analysis/Job Hazard Analysis
- Ensure that contractor personnel working on the property are in compliance with company policies and safety requirements
- Maintain site data in the SHE data management system
- Assist with new employee safety orientation program and employee safety training
- Member of the emergency response team
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Health and Safety or related discipline
- Two - five years of experience in an Environmental Health and Safety role
- Knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, nationally recognized standards and guidelines related to assigned environmental health and safety programs
- Team player and able to build and maintain relationships both internal and external
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top