Environmental Engineering Assistant
BAE Systems is looking for an experienced Environmental Engineering Assistant. Job duties to include:
1. Set up and operates equipment such as Vibration systems, Thermal Cycling and Thermal shock machines in order to perform highly complex environmental tests regarding temperature, humidity, altitude, thermal shock, vibration.
2. Set up and uses the following monitoring and control equipment and instrumentation:
- temperature, humidity and altitude controls
- thermocouples, data loggers
- vibration controls, accelerometer systems
- pressure and air flow instrumentation
- A wide variety of test and measurement systems / equipment ranging from complex automated test equipment stands to individual test instruments such as oscilloscopes, DMMs, logic analyzers and other electronic instrumentation.
3. Must be capable of supporting engineering development efforts independently with via extensive subject matter experience
4. Processes and compiles complex environmental and product data in complete data packages, including quality information and defect recording
5. Maintains test log books with pertinent test information
6. Helps develop and complete Thermal and/or Vibrational surveys
7. A Secret Security Clearance will need to be obtained.
Minimum Education and Experience High School/GED and 8+ years of experience directly in an Environmental Test Facility performing Dynamic and Climatic Environmental Qualification testing. Required Skills and Education Requires: High School/GED and 8+ years of experience directly in an Environmental Test Facility performing Dynamic and Climatic Environmental Qualification testing.
Local candidates only. No relocation is available. Preferred Skills and Education Associates Degree in Electronics Technology or similar electronics or mechanical engineering degree
10+ years’ experience in Environmental-specific Testing with a MIL-STD-810G focus
Active US security clearance preferred.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top