Env Tech 2
Sets up and operates environmental simulation equipment and monitoring equipment and instrumentation in the performance of moderately complex environmental tests on IEWS' products.
- Sets up and operates laboratory equipment such as vibration systems, shock machines, centrifuges, hydrostatic pressure facilities, leak/seal test equipment, tensile - compression test machines, power source equipment, etc. in order to perform moderately complex environmental tests regarding temperature, humidity, altitude, thermal shock, salt, fog, etc.
- Sets up and uses the following laboratory monitoring and control equipment and instrumentation:
- temperature, humidity and altitude controls
- thermocouples, data loggers and thermocouple bridges
- vibration controls, accelerometer systems and velocity systems
- pressure and air flow instrumentation
- oscilloscopes, x-y recorders, strip chart and oscillograph recorders, and tape recorders
- voltmeters, ammeters, watt meters, analyzers and various other electrical and electronic instrumentation
- Conducts simulated environmental tests by following standard test methods and procedures.
- Processes and compiles moderately complex environmental and product data in complete data packages by performing the following functions:
- temperature data logging, tabulation and reduction
- accelerometer x-y plotting and strip chart recording
- shock pulse oscilloscope recording and photographing
- air flow data tabulation and reduction
- pressure transducer data logging, strip chart recording and data reduction
- product (test item) performance data tabulation and reduction
- Maintains test log books with pertinent test information including test item identification, test equipment and instrumentation tabulation, schematics of test set-ups, sketches of set-ups showing thermocouples, accelerometer and other transducer locations and orientation test dates, times, personnel and any other information concerning the testing.
- Fabricates and sets up electrical, mechanical and electro-mechanical test jigs and fixtures. Requires the correct use of hand tools including air wrenches, power drills, taps and dies, soldering irons, insert tools, drill presses, power saws and belt IEWS and grinders.
- Conducts moderately complex equipment maintenance and repair including fan/motor lubrication, filter cleaning/replacement, pump oil replacement, parts replacement, general cleaning and lubrication and various other maintenance/repair functions.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
Requires an Associate's Degree in electrical or mechanical engineering or its equivalent
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top