Entry Level/Junior Software Engineer
- San Diego, CA
You don't see it, but it's there. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics - from saving emissions in the City of Lights to powering the Mars Rover to protecting the F-35 fighter jet. At Electronic Systems, you'll be among the brightest minds, working on the aerospace and defense industry's most difficult problems. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first - exemplified by our missions: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®" and "We Innovate For Those Who Move The World TM ." Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with us .
BAE Systems is looking for an entry level/junior Software Engineer (0-2 years' experience). The qualified candidate will work in a rapid development environment as part of a multi-disciplinary team. Tasks may include coding, debugging, and integrating software, as well as the integration, regression, and requirement testing of complex SW/HW systems. This position may require business travel in support of product demonstrations, software installation, and system testing.
The qualified candidate will have the opportunity to work with platforms and mission applications for intelligence and defense customers with domain emphasis on Geospatial Intelligence, Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR), and Mission Management.
In Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) solutions, you'll help develop systems that sense, control, exploit and disseminate actionable information to warfighters supporting a variety of missions. Beyond exciting work, each college hire in engineering will be part of our Year One program.
An exciting future at BAE Systems awaits and it starts with Year One- a unique experience to jumpstart your engineering career.
- Develop skills: Receive immediate mentorship from experienced managers and engineers and explore classes to find your comfort zone
- Network and collaborate: Make lasting connections with your Year One peers, employees and leadership
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's degree in engineering / technical discipline, and 0+ year(s) related experience
- GPA 3.0 and above (cumulative and major)
- Ability to be granted a security clearance by the Federal Government
- Proficiency in multiple high level programming languages (e.g., C++, Java, C#, etc.)
- Understanding and skills in software design and code, including Object Oriented Analysis & Design (OOAD)
- Team player with a proactive attitude, the ability to be productive in a dynamic / collaborative environment (e.g.., open seating arrangement) and strong oral and written communication skills
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- BS (or MS) in Computer Science
- Software related intern, work, or hobby experiences (e.g., software development, IA, web development, etc.)
- Operating Systems (e.g., UNIX/Linux and/or Windows and .Net , Android)
- Development Methodologies (e.g., Waterfall, Agile, and or Iterative)
- Architecture (e.g., Cloud, Web Services and/or SOA)
- Database tools and design (e.g., Accumulo /HDFS, Oracle, Postgres , SQL, MongoDB, AllegreGraph , NoSQL, RDF, and/or SPARQL
- Development tools and services (e.g., MS Visual Studio, Eclipse, jBuilder , Spring Framework, jBoss , Hibernate, Apache, Tomcat, Maven, and/or automated test tools)
- Configuration Management tools (e.g., Subversion and/or Git )
- Algorithm development
- Open Source, cloud and virtualization software and services
- Familiarity with current Web UI frameworks and tools such as Bootstrap, Foundation, Angular, and/or Ember
- Familiarity with/exposure to FishEye , Jenkins (building continuous integration jobs), Nexus, W3C standards, Ontology development, Open Linked data.
- Exposure to, or awareness of, cybersecurity concepts and practices
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top