Entry Level Systems Engineer
BAE Systems is looking for an entry level Systems Engineer. The qualified candidate will be working on a multi-disciplinary team, in a rapid development environment to integrate, deploy, and support complex SW/HW based systems. Tasks may include identifying, documenting, and tracking requirements; performing requirements analysis; performing software/system integration, regression, verification, and validation testing; and developing test scripts. Position may require business travel to customer locations in support of product demonstrations, software installation, and system testing.
The qualified candidate will have the opportunity to work with platforms and mission applications for intelligence and defense customers with domain emphasis on Geospatial Intelligence, Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR), and Mission Management.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering/technical discipline, and 0+ year(s) related experience
- GPA 3.0 and above in major (college transcripts need to be provided at time of interview (unofficial copies are acceptable))
- US Citizenship and ability to be granted a security clearance by the Federal Government
- Ability to perform requirements identification, analysis, documentation, and tracking
- Ability to participate in analyzing customer needs, and identifying user stories and technical tasks to achieve various Agile Objectives and iterative development ~schedules
- Ability to apply waterfall or iterative/agile development techniques that are appropriate to the environment
- Ability to use statistical analysis methods and tools
- Ability to work with customers in a test environment
- Ability to develop improved methods to increase program efficiency
- Team player with a proactive attitude and the ability to be productive in a dynamic/collaborative environment (e.g., open seating arrangement)
- Strong oral and written communications skills
Preferred Skills and Education
Bachelor of Science degree in Systems Engineering
- Systems Engineering related intern, work, or hobby experience
- Knowledge of requirement management tools (e.g., DOORS, etc.)
- Knowledge of configuration management tools (e.g., ClearCase, Subversion, Git, etc.)
- Experience setting-up and running test tools (e.g., eggPlant, SilkPerformer, SpiraTest, etc.)
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top