Entry Level Software Engineer
You don't see it, but it's there. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics - from saving emissions in the City of Lights to powering the Mars Rover to protecting the F-35 fighter jet. At Electronic Systems, you'll be among the brightest minds, working on the aerospace and defense industry's most difficult problems. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first - exemplified by our missions: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us ® " and "We Innovate For Those Who Move The World TM ."
Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with us.
We are looking for entry level candidates (December 2018 or May 2019 Graduates) to join our ES Defense software engineering team here at BAE Systems, Inc. Entry level engineers are exposed to the full software life-cycle, from requirements development through integration and testing.
In this exciting role, you will enjoy opportunities to take on diverse and challenging work assignments, flexible scheduling with every other Friday off, an inviting and supportive culture, competitive compensation, and an excellent benefits package that includes tuition reimbursement for advanced degrees.
For those candidates in their first year after graduation, BAE's Year One program provides recent college graduates with a unique experience to jumpstart your engineering career. As part of the program, you explore different projects and technologies by participating in rotations. You also develop skills by receiving immediate mentorship from experienced managers and engineers, and participate in classes and workshops to expand your knowledge of yourself, technology and our company. Finally, you network and collaborate to make lasting connections with peers, employees and leadership.
Candidates will gain experience in:
- Designing, developing and testing software solutions utilizing Agile methodologies and sound software engineering principles while conforming to existing code development strategies and processes
- Assisting in other software engineering activities such as integration testing, algorithm & data analysis, software troubleshooting, and preparing documentation in accordance with established procedures.
- Utilizing either Windows PC or Linux based software development environment and either x86 or PowerPC target and test environment
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's degree in CS (Computer Science), CE (Computer Engineering), or other Scientific degree with suitable software engineering content.
- 0-3 years professional software development experience
- Software coding utilizing modern programming languages (e.g. C++, C#, Java, etc)
- Object oriented design/development
- Windows/Linux/Unix OS
- Must be eligible for a US DoD security clearance
- Real-time embedded development
- GPA of 3.0 or higher is strongly preferred
- Security clearance (secret or higher)
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top