Entry Level Software Engineer
BAE's Electronic Systems (ES) is looking for candidates to join our software engineering team . We have entry level positions (1-3 years experience) for talented software engineers who want to work at a progressive company where technical excellence is highly valued. Our mission is "We protect those who protect us", and as a Software Engineer at Electronic Systems, you will develop your software engineering skills while helping us protect the brave men and women in our armed forces, intelligence communities and first responders.
ES develops high-quality software that is fielded on everything from Electronic Warfare (EW) mission systems that integrate state of the art radar warning, electronic support measures, broadband electronic attack, and electronic protection, to state of the art sensors, displays, and lasers that provide superior imaging, targeting, guidance, and survivability capabilities directly to our warfighters. Our systems also provide actionable intelligence for our warfighters through electronic products and innovative technical solutions with our SIGINT and GEOINT/ISR group. Electronic Systems' software is deployed in the depth of the ocean to outer space, and everywhere in between, protecting those who protect us.
On top of numerous diverse and challenging career opportunities, BAE offers flexible schedules (including every other Friday off), competitive compensation, and an excellent benefit package that includes tuition reimbursement for advanced degrees.
Entry level candidates are exposed to the full software life-cycle, from requirements development through integration and testing. We achieve this exposure as part of our rotation program for college graduates. You can expect to rotate to a new project, business area, or project phase several times over the first few years of your career. This maximizes your awareness of the vast number of technologies that are used at BAE, and exposes you to the wide variety of career opportunities and growth paths that are available.
Responsibilities of an entry level software engineer include:
• Coding and testing moderately complex software programs
• Assisting in other software engineering activities such as integration testing, algorithm & data analysis, and software troubleshooting
• Working in a team environment supporting multiple projects that utilize a common software architecture
• Performing software development utilizing sound software engineering principles and conforming to existing code development strategies and processes
• Utilizing either Windows PC or Linux based software development environment and either x86 or PowerPC target and test environment
Typical Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's degree in CS (Computer Science), CE (Computer Engineering), ECS (Electrical and Computer Science), or other Scientific degree with suitable software engineering content.
- 1-3 years professional software development experience
- Software coding utilizing modern programming languages (e.g. C++, C#, Java, etc)
- Object oriented design/development
- Windows/Linux/Unix OS
- Must have an active security clearance (secret or higher)
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be a December 2016 or May 2017 Graduate
**Candidates must be able to obtain an interim secret clearance before beginning employment.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Real-time embedded development
- GPA of 3.0 or higher is strongly preferred
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top