Entry Level Mechanical Engineer
BAE Systems' Electronic Systems (ES) sector is seeking a talented, motivated entry level mechanical engineer who wants to join a diverse team at a dynamic company that values your technical excellence. At our Dallas, TX facility we design, develop and manufacture Signals Intelligence Payloads for the Department of Defense and also commercial customers. Our company mission is "We protect those who protect us" and you will get an opportunity to apply and enhance your engineering skills in development of products whose primary purpose is to keep our warfighters safe.
As an entry level mechanical engineer you would be a m ember of the mechanical team involved in the mechanical design and development of electronic hardware used in defense electronics systems subjected to severe thermal and dynamic environments. The position requires a hands-on detail oriented individual capable of working independently or in cross- functional teams to meet objectives.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Demonstrated ability to learn and execute mechanical design principles, material selection, thermal management, electronic packaging (system, chassis, PCB), integration and verification
- Ability to integrate multiple elements into finished detailed designs
- Exposure to CREO/Solidworks 3D modeling and 2D drawings including dimensions, tolerances, specifications etc.
- Able to apply standards for product design and manufacturing including GD&T, Tolerance Stack-up Analysis and application of Military Standards.
- Develop electronic packaging from cradle to grave by using a] Product Life Cycle commencing from requirements analysis [thru factory introduction and production support while coordinating with suppliers and manufacturing to ensure successful products
- Capacity to conduct requirements verification activities including writing test procedures and conducting environmental tests while completing all necessary Engineering documentation
- Ability to troubleshoot complex problems and provide innovative solutions
- Strong technical aptitude, including applicable engineering tools and systems
- Capable of managing several new designs, proposals and research and development activities concurrently while meeting project goals and schedules.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top