Entry Level Laser Engineer
BAE Systems is seeking an entry level Laser Engineer to work in our Merrimack, NH location.
In this role, you will be joining our established and rapidly expanding Lasers Capability Group. We are a premier provider of advanced high-reliability laser and laser based products. Additionally, we're leading the way with the development of advanced laser hardware solutions that enable our customers to deliver new mission capabilities to address evolving challenges and threats.
Candidates should have experience, either through school or internships, in optical engineering principles to support formulation of new laser resonator and optical parametric oscillator applications.
Apply now to join a dedicated team designing and building innovative laser solutions that will continue to lead the industry.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- B.S.degree in Physics, Optical Engineering, or equivalent.
- Experience in laser assembly and test.
- Strong skills in oral and written communication and the ability to present technical subjects clearly in team meetings and project reviews.
- Willingness to learn key system concepts and testing protocols from other engineers and technicians with optical, mechanical, electronics experience.
- Willingness to perform "hands-on" technical work in laboratory and field environments involving electro-optical metrology, optical alignment, system testing, data collection and analysis.
- Willingness to form partnerships with teams and industry peers in optical engineering.
- Experience with MatLab for numerical simulations and analysis highly desired.
- Experience with high power lasers a plus.
- Familiarity with optical and laser materials and detectors used in the infrared and visible spectral ranges desirable
- Ability to support modeling laser resonators and active components, performing system optimization, tolerance and performance analysis.
- Ability to support laser system performance optimization, performing optical assembly, alignment, and characterization tasks for manufacturing methods and error budget allocation.
- Engineering support for assigned projects in an IPT environment for precision laser design, analysis, and simulation.
- Ability to support the analysis and evaluation of a design concept to produce realistic assessment of risks and to develop strategies for mitigating major risks to the projects.
- Demonstrated leadership roles in project engineering or technical and collaborative team environment desirable.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top