Entry Level Electrical Engineer
I. BASIC FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
To perform electrical engineering work which is specific in nature and requires knowledge and application of basic engineering principles, theories and concepts to complete assignments under direct technical supervision.
II. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Duties and responsibilities which occupy a major portion of time and importance in the job. Incumbent(s) perform one or more of the following duties.)
1. Performs specific professional technical assignments of an investigatory, design or test nature requiring limited analysis and evaluation, selection and application of basic engineering principles, theories and techniques.
2. Participates in the investigation, development and testing where overall operational, space, functional and similar design requirements have been specified. Designs or selects available designs to meet requirements. Evaluates merits of design with higher skilled engineers. Acquires familiarization with the project, engineering or research effort and company engineering practices and standards
3. Receives directions and instructions in the form of assignment objectives, alternative approaches and solutions from supervisor or senior engineering personnel.
4. Works from specific assignments from supervisor or senior engineering personnel which may include design and development of specific components, circuits, compilation of data for research investigation by study groups; performance of parameters that have been determined; analysis of test data; calculation of results.
5. Instructs and directs the work of technicians, if assigned.
6. Prepares charts, diagrams and reports expressing technical progress and accomplishments measured against specific plans
7. Begins to develop areas of specialization and maintains cognizance of scientific and technological developments in the field
8. Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
- * Please note: Candidates for these positions will be considered for positions across the greater Nashua, NH area and various engineering hiring teams. **
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Seeking 2017 Graduates Only (Jan 2017-Aug 2017)with one of the following degrees:
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- MS Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- GPA of 3.0 or higher required
Preferred Skills and Education Experience in any of the following is a PLUS:
- Power Supply/Systems Design
- Analog Circuit Design
- Digital Circuit Design
- FPGA development
- VHDL Programing language experience
- PSPICE or equivalent analog circuit simulation tool experience
- Board Design
- Cadence Allegro for schematic capture and PCB design
- RF circuit design
- Basic microwave Technology
- Proficient in circuit active and passive devices
- Ability to read schematics
- C, C++, Perl, Labview, TestStand are pluses
- Team player and resourceful in achieving goals
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top