Entry Level DSP Engineer
Entry Level Electrical Engineering position for a talented individual with Communications Theory and Digital Signal Processing (DSP) skills. The DSP Engineer will participate in the development of hardware and software used for detection, identification, and processing of complex communications signals.
As a member of this development team the individual will be exposed to the full systems lifecycle from requirements, algorithm, software and hardware development through integration and testing.
Duties include coding and testing moderately complex software and/or DSP programs and assisting in other engineering activities such as integration testing, algorithm & data analysis and software troubleshooting under the supervision of a lead engineer.
I. BASIC FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
To perform digital signal processing work which is specific in nature and requires knowledge and application of basic engineering principles, theories and concepts to complete assignments under direct technical supervision.
II. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Duties and responsibilities which occupy a major portion of time and importance in the job. Incumbent(s) perform one or more of the following duties.)
- Performs specific professional technical assignments of an investigatory, design or test nature requiring limited analysis and evaluation, selection and application of basic engineering principles, theories and techniques.
- Participates in the investigation, development and testing where overall operational, space, functional and similar design requirements have been specified. Designs or selects available designs to meet requirements. Evaluates merits of design with higher skilled engineers. Acquires familiarization with the project, engineering or research effort and company engineering practices and standards
- Receives directions and instructions in the form of assignment objectives, alternative approaches and solutions from supervisor or senior engineering personnel.
- Works from specific assignments from supervisor or senior engineering personnel which may include design and development of hardware and software used for detection, identification, and processing of complex communications signals .
- Instructs and directs the work of technicians, if assigned.
- Prepares charts, diagrams and reports expressing technical progress and accomplishments measured against specific plans.
- Begins to develop areas of specialization and maintains cognizance of scientific and technological developments in the field.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Recent college graduates and upcoming college graduates (2017) with one of the following degrees:
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- MS Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
Proficient in :
- Windows/Unix/Linux OS
- Digital Signal Processing
- Digital Communications Preferred Skills and Education – Digital Signal Processing
- Digital Communications
- Detection Estimation Theory
- Lab test equipment (signal generators, spectrum analyzers, SDR)
- Real-time embedded development
- Object Oriented Design/Development About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top