Enterprise Support Business Systems Engineer
Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) program focuses on providing Federal customer with advisory and technical services with the effort of helping them support the management of their various cyber programs. Supporting activities span a wide range of topics, including requirements formation, requirements feasibility analysis, technology subject matter expertise, cyber industrial technology awareness, information assurance, independent validation and verification (IV&V), penetration testing, prototypes, enterprise architecture, technical documentation authoring and analysis of 3 rd party technical documentation, and technology roadmaps.
Applicant will provide vision and strategy road maps for architecture and infrastructure of customer's integration and portal assets. Experienced with Service-Oriented-Architectures (SOA) a plus. Applied out-of-the-box thinking to solve business problems using technology applications.
Responsibilities will include:
- Recommending Enterprise Business Systems Architecture involving middleware and databases for enterprise portals.
- Recommend an operational framework for all enterprise projects, incorporating weekly updates, progress towards milestones, reporting outputs
- Design and publish summary report of KPls and inhibitors in executive-level dashboards across key Consumer segments; integration of new KPls as required.
- Recommend customer centric operational processes (included but are not limited to): standardizing reporting, defining consistent project/policy frameworks, dashboard publication and communications cascade, designing models and dashboards to answer key business problems, experience reporting processes, performance measures and Government compliance and adherence
- Verifying design and engineering multiple self-service functionalities with real-time query/update capabilities via user interfaces
- Supporting internal team and customer with content development, creative and technical matters and supporting web development for knowledge based portals.
- Establishing customer-wide best practices for internal usage of third-party data processing tools
- Applying evaluation and development skills in designing training processes to improve work performance and overall efficiency
- Assist with the Architecture team in detailing the feature offerings of other platforms as applicable to the customer workflow
- Solving complex problems
- Willingness to take responsibility for ensuring customer satisfaction
- Willingness to work outside of normal working hours to complete tasks
- Proactive and self-motivated approach to work tasks
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Required Skills and Abilities
- At least 5 + years of work experience in increasing levels of responsibility.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to present technical content to general audiences
- An agile thinker with the ability to add structure and develop scalable, enterprise class solutions
- Knowledge of business system architecture principles, concepts, and best practices
- Ability to evaluate data anomalies, investigate root causes, and recommend solutions
- Experience in project management and prioritization
- High performer with the ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and drive initiatives in a cross-functional environment
- Proven operations professional with ability to design, implement and continually iterate on broad Enterprise processes
- Ability to independently determine multiple approaches to problem solving
- Effective communicator with ability to pivot toward business interests and priorities
- Demonstrated ability to manage via influence and development of cross business relationships to drive solution of complex business problems
- Direct experience with Tableau, JIRA, SharePoint, PowerBI and other internal tools are a plus
- A data-driven approach; someone who can foster rigor and discipline in all that we do, to provide evidence for program success and return on investment
- Experience in coordinating technology designs with architectural requirements and constraints
- Understanding with Configuration Management, Requirements Management and Development Review Boards
- Familiarity with BPMN, IBM DOORS are highly desirable.
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top