Assist in preparation of new contracts and contract changes for operations documentation. Also assist in corrective action responses and procedure updates as appropriate.
This position offers an exciting opportunity to assist with preparations for the manufacturing/operations side of the defense contract business as well as working with engineering for verification of work instructions and drawings. Activities include:
1. Working with our computer systems to set systems up to allow for discrepancy documentation and documentation of final inspection and test.
2. Interface with Design Engineering, Program Management, Quality management, and Manufacturing personnel to resolve issues and concerns.
3. Help to create and audit Quality Documents that provide data to manufacturing and Customers.
4. Review of Audits/Data and develop preventative action plans.
5. Retrieve Quality data and communicate results/status with BAE/Customer and develop corrective actions as necessary.
6. Work with program quality engineers to assist them in the coordination of the quality planning for the various programs. Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Required education: Bachelor Degree or six additional years of experience in lieu of a degree (total 11 years relevant experience required without degree).
Basic computer skills needed, knowledge of Microsoft Office, understanding of engineering drawings and ability to learn new computer systems. Preferred Skills and Education 1. Complete understanding and wide application of technical principle, theories, and concepts in the field. General knowledge of other related disciplines.
2. Provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organizational objectives.
3. Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
4. Six Sigma Belt
5. Certified Quality Engineer
6. Certified Quality Technician
7. Certified Quality Auditor About BAE Systems Platforms & Services Posting BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top