Engineering Work Instruction Author
The BAE Systems Combat Vehicles site in Elgin, Oklahoma is seeking a Production Work Instruction Author.
The position entails:
- Creating and modifying assembly work instructions and production drawings from engineering technical data using PTC Creo models;
- Using theoretical knowledge of common manufacturing processes including mechanical and electrical assembly, tooling, etc.;
- Reviewing, comparing, and evaluating Technical Data Package (TDP) drawings for impact to production documentation;
- Maintaining configuration control of work instructions and production drawings in both electronic and hard copy repositories using EPDM, Oracle, and Sharepoint;
- Working with process engineering, floor support engineering, and bargaining unit employees to optimize manufacturing processes and document within work instructions;
- Working with Production Systems Control to perform MMAS audits to ensure accuracy of manufacturing bills of materials;
- Identifying and controlling requirements for Unique Identification (UID) plates;
- Traveling as necessary to other manufacturing sites to evaluate, maintain, and publish work instructions;
- Maintaining a safe work environment and ensuring compliance with safety objectives and policies;
- Sharing responsibility of self-development with immediate supervisor.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Basic literacy in industry-specific software (Enterprise Product Data Management (EPDM), Creo, SolidWorks, Oracle, etc.);
- Aptitude to review, compare, and evaluate drawings for manufacturing execution;
- Highly organized and detail oriented;
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment;
- Strong communication skills for both oral and written presentations;
- Ability to work in a shop floor environment to support manufacturing needs;
- Flexibility to travel as necessary to other manufacturing sites.
- Experience with military vehicle systems is preferred;
- Experience working with the Department of Defense and/or military and/or government is a plus.
- Experience with drawing review and release cycles is preferred.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Platforms & Services designs, develops, produces, supports, maintains, modernizes and upgrades armored combat vehicles, wheeled vehicles, naval guns, surface ship combatants, commercial vessels, missile launchers, artillery systems, military ordnance, and protective wear and armor. Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top