Engineering Tools Technical Support Analyst - ( Atlassian )
- Nashua, NH
BAE Systems has a job opening for an Engineering Tools Technical Support Analyst in Hudson, NH. As a key member of the Engineering Tools team, the support analyst is responsible for the day to day support of numerous engineering software applications including the Atlassian JIRA, Bitbucket and Confluence environments across the ES Sector and must be able to meet customer/program requirements.
The role is working within the Engineering Tools Organization providing technical support to engineers in their use of software development, systems engineering and hardware design and analysis tools. The vast majority of tools are commercial (COTS) or open source. General support activities include developing and executing installation procedures, testing, troubleshooting, responding to service desk break/fix tickets and service requests, how-to questions and documenting changes to the production environment in accordance to internal and DFARS policies and procedures.
Candidates will support Engineering Application upgrades for ES Classified networks and must have a Security+ Certification. Candidate must have a working knowledge of Atlassian, JIRA, Bitbucket, Confluence and Jenkins and duties to include the following:
- Design, operation and support of Engineering Tools in the ES Classified and unclassified networks.
- Atlassian JIRA, Bitbucket, Confluence and Jenkins support.
- Troubleshoot performance, availability and overall health of tool environments.
- Assist in planning, and upgrading of applications using Windows and Linux servers and client environments in the unclassified and multiple classified areas/locations (over 20).
- Create and maintain documentation for engineering application client and server installations and upgrades.
- Migrate existing Atlassian environments to support platform changes such as operating system, domain, or security patches.
- Create and maintain active directory groups for Atlassian access.
- Support users in a timely manner using Remedy Help Desk ticketing system.
- Interested candidates should have good communication and organizational skills, and a general understanding of Atlassian JIRA, Bitbucket, Confluence and Jenkins software.
- Candidate should also exhibit sound judgement, initiative and self-motivation, and be able to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Attention to detail, solid communication and teamwork skills will be required to work effectively.
- Close collaboration with peers, Engineering and Engineering Tools personnel is essential.
- The ability to manage time effectively while dealing with a variety of issues in a dynamic environment will be key to the success of this individual.
- Detail orientated
- Ability to multi-task and reprioritize work, as required, to meet dynamic customer service environment.
- Excellent Customer service skills at all levels.
- Ability to work well in a team environment, in either a lead or participant role.
- General understanding of Engineering disciplines and tools.
- Experience with open source tools such as Atlassian.
- Experience packaging Windows applications for software distribution platforms such as Microsoft SCCM.
- Experience working with virtualized environments such as VMware Workstation and VCenter.
- Atlassian administrator
- Security+ Certification
- DFARS compliance
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. People are the greatest asset in any Company. BAE Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top