Engineering Technologist II: Weld
The BAE Systems site in York, Pennsylvania supporting Combat Vehicles is seeking an Engineering Technologist II: Weld . In this role, the Engineering Technologist will support both welders and engineers. Included duties:
- Provide engineering and technical support for welding operations in fabrication/manufacture of products.
- Research and develop concepts, designs, materials, functions, and performance, fabrication test, and modification of products.
- Research and recommend weld equipment, identifying limitations and capabilities.
- Prepare, conduct, and evaluate weld engineering analysis/documentation, test/examination, performance and procedure qualification in compliance with customer requirements and applicable welding standards and specifications.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Must have six years of related experience, or four years of related experience coupled with an Associates degree in a technical discipline, or two years of related experience coupled with a Bachelors in a technical discipline.
- Practical experience in Gas-Metal-Arc-Welding (GMAW), GMAW-Pulse, and Gas-Tungsten-Arc-Welding (GTAW) applications.
- Experience working with American Welding Society (AWS) D1.1 and D1.2 Standards.
- Experience supporting development of Procedure Qualification Records (PQRs) and Welder Procedure Specifications (WPS).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Package (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Working knowledge with DoD standards a plus.
- Experience interfacing with DCMA/TACOM Quality and Engineering personnel preferred.
- Computer literacy in CREO and Autodesk software helpful
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Platforms & Services designs, develops, produces, supports, maintains, modernizes and upgrades armored combat vehicles, wheeled vehicles, naval guns, surface ship combatants, commercial vessels, missile launchers, artillery systems, military ordnance, and protective wear and armor. Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top