Engineering Technician I - Tactical Vehicles
Position will support integration of C4ISR equipment into military ground tactical vehicles including M-ATV, MaxxPro Family of Vehicles (FoV) and RG-31 platforms.
Position will involve the following tasking:
1. Installs, inspects, tests, adjusts and certifies assemblies, subassemblies, cabling, parts and systems for compliance with specifications and quality assurance practices following blueprints, schematics and inspection manuals using hand tools and precision testing equipment.
2. Troubleshoots malfunctions and performs repairs by adjusting, calibrating, aligning or modifying circuitry and components using hand and power tools.
3. Sets up standard test apparatus and conducts operational tests to evaluate performance and reliability of prototype or production model.
4. Installs equipment field changes. Assembles and/or modifies wires, insulation and connector components using hand and power tools. Installs assemblies and hardware into housing.
5. Performs other related duties as assigned.
6. Exerts frequent physical energy. Climbs ladders. Lifts and carries heavy objects. Occasionally exposed to disagreeable conditions. May work extended hours or weekends. May travel overnight or on weekends. May work second or third shift.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This position is located in Summerville, SC. There is no monetary relocation assistance budgeted for this position. Willingness to relocate one’s self is required and is required to be clearly stated in resume to be considered.
This position is controlled by the Service Contract Act (SCA) and is classified as non-exempt by the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
Required Skills and Education Three (3) years of experience to include laboratory testing, manufacturing, or maintenance
Ability to acquire and maintain U.S. government security clearance and/or Common Access Card (CAC)
Preferred Skills and Education · Associate’s Degree in Engineering Technology, or formal electronics training from a Class A or B military school in electronics or communications
- Prior experience in military vehicle integration for M-ATV, MaxxPro, RG-31, MRAP, HMMWV, or similar
- Current Class A Commercial Driver License (CDL)
- Cable, wire, and connector assembly and repair experience
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Information Solutions, based in Reston, Virginia, is among the 10 largest IT providers to the U.S. government, serving most of the federal defense and civilian marketplace. It provides network-centric command, control, computing, and intelligence (C3I) solutions; wideband networking radio systems; information systems for the U.S. intelligence community; geospatial information services; and information technology services. Leveraging its knowledge of signals and data derived from signals, Information Solutions has attained a market-leading position in advanced information technology research, intelligence analysis and production, and geospatial exploitation software. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top