Engineering Technician I - Tactical Vehicles
This position is controlled by the Service Contract Act (SCA) and is classified as non-exempt by the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
Position will support integration of C4ISR equipment into military ground tactical vehicles including M-ATV, MaxxPro Family of Vehicles (FoV) and RG-31 platforms.
Position will involve the following tasking:
1. Installs, inspects, tests, adjusts and certifies assemblies, subassemblies, cabling, parts and systems for compliance with specifications and quality assurance practices following blueprints, schematics and inspection manuals using hand tools and precision testing equipment.
2. Troubleshoots malfunctions and performs repairs by adjusting, calibrating, aligning or modifying circuitry and components using hand and power tools.
3. Sets up standard test apparatus and conducts operational tests to evaluate performance and reliability of prototype or production model.
4. Installs equipment field changes. Assembles and/or modifies wires, insulation and connector components using hand and power tools. Installs assemblies and hardware into housing.
5. Performs other related duties as assigned.
6. Exerts frequent physical energy. Climbs ladders. Lifts and carries heavy objects. Occasionally exposed to disagreeable conditions. May work extended hours or weekends. May travel overnight or on weekends. May work second or third shift.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This position is located at Red River Army Depot near Texarkana, TX. There is no monetary relocation assistance budgeted for this position. Willingness to relocate one’s self is required and is required to be clearly stated in resume to be considered.
Required Skills and Education Three (3) years of experience to include laboratory testing, manufacturing, or maintenance
Ability to acquire and maintain U.S. government security clearance and/or Common Access Card (CAC)
Ability to gain access to Government wok site. Preferred Skills and Education · Associate’s Degree in Engineering Technology, or formal electronics training from a Class A or B military school in electronics or communications
- Prior experience in military vehicle integration for M-ATV, MaxxPro, RG-31, MRAP, HMMWV, or similar
- Current Class A Commercial Driver License (CDL)
- Cable, wire, and connector assembly and repair experience
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel. EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top