Engineering Technician I
- Fort Wayne, IN
You don't see it, but it's there. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics - from saving emissions in the City of Lights to powering the Mars Rover to protecting the F-35 fighter jet. At Electronic Systems, you'll be among the brightest minds, working on the aerospace and defense industry's most difficult problems. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first - exemplified by our missions: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®" and "We Innovate For Those Who Move The WorldTM." Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with us.
Our Operations team is currently seeking an Engineering Technician I. Responsibilities will include recommending, developing and establishing process techniques. Establishing controls to measure and improve productivity and product quality. Establishing and maintaining measurement and feedback systems to monitor, pinpoint, and troubleshoot problems areas and recommend solutions. Supporting the development of new methods, processes, and equipment and applying them to the manufacturing operation. Providing technical support to, and assisting in determining the technical and manufacturing capability of suppliers.
Performing those functions delegated to him/her by the Chief Inspector or the Assistant Chief Inspector, and as specified by FAR Part 65. Assuring the airworthiness of items being repaired, by oversight of the repair operations, inspections, audits and accompanying documentation. Reviewing the work folder (Router, Purchase Order etc.) for completeness and conformance to the requirements of the Repair Station Manual. Approving hardware for release to service when the maintenance has been satisfactorily performed.
• Ensure compliance to all aspects of Safety
• Proactively maintain a safe working environment
• Comply with audits
• Support and maintain effective communication within, to and from peers, Program Lead and Chief Inspector.
• Maintain focused work environment for completion of the 8130-3 airworthiness certificate and AAC-038 as applicable.
• Maintain productivity in job function to ensure efficient and effective certifications are performed.
• Ensure quality is the main focus with respect to the airworthiness tags.
• Disposition non-conforming product as necessary.
• Perform internal quality audits and support external quality audits.
• Track internal quality metrics and make improvements to reduce the largest contributors.
Discretionary Work (Non-Core)
• Other initiatives to drive continuous improvement or cost reduction
• Support the Aftermarket team in maintaining and updating documents (routers, CMM, planning...)
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship or Permanent Resident status.
Required Skills and Education
- Typically a High School Diploma and 4 years of work experience or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 18 months experience in the Aftermarket Repair Station
- Technical qualification is preferable and highly recommended
- Possess a strong attention to detail
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top