Engineering Support Developer
The GXP and AGS teams develop innovative sensor data processing and analytics software products and services. Our team has grown significantly since 2002, increasing revenue by 10x and greatly increasing the size of the team. We have facilities in San Diego California, Rome New York, and Durham North Carolina.
The Engineering Support team for AGS is responsible for a number of common resources and capabilities that a member of the team is expecting to often support. This requires a candidate to be flexible, a superior problem solver, enjoy learning, creating, and implementing new technology and processes.
The Engineering Support team is specifically responsible for the following areas in AGS:
- Enterprise Engineering DevOps
- Cloud Engineering DevOps
- Cloud Engineering NetSec
- Performance Modeling and Simulation
A candidate will initially be supporting enterprise DevOps by support AGS processes for build automation, tool creation, and interfacing with development, management, and IT to ensure our development environment is highly tuned for developer efficiency. This will also likely lead to working in AWS or other cloud providers supporting our development there as well, specifically managing CI pipelines from enterprise to cloud.
A candidate can then grow with their interests into other areas of the Engineering Support team or development.
A successful candidate must demonstrate the following:
- An education background in software, computer engineering
- View the product development team as their customer
- Be adaptable to their immediate and long term needs
- Be able to move between technologies and scripting languages as well as learn new ones with ease
- Be able to work with, communicate, and assist developers and IT professionals
- Have an interest in crafting automated and reproducible software build, test, and deployment processes
- Be able to work well with a distributed support team in Durham, Rome, and San Diego and follow common processes
- Enjoy urgency and change
- Always follow through with problems that product development, test, and management come to you with even if you think they may be outside your normal job description
- Be a hero to your customer
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's Degree in a computer related field
- Knowledge of Windows and/or Linux shell scripting
- Highly motivated and able to work well in both team and solo settings
- US Citizenship and ability to obtain DoD clearance
- Experience with software development in at least one of Python, C++, Java, or other development language
- Familiarity with build tools, such as cmake, ant, gcc, and Visual Studio.
- Experience with an automated build system such as Bamboo or Jenkins
- Experience with issue tracking systems such as JIRA
- Experience with GIT
- Experience with Atlassian software development tools, including Jira, Bitbucket/git, Bamboo, and Confluence
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or other cloud computing environments
- Experience or knowledge of Infrastructure as Code such as Terraform, Ansible, or Cloud Formation
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top