Engineering Project Team Lead
- Endicott, NY
BAE Systems is hiring for a Project Team Lead (PTL)
It's about the journey. Whether it's a bus ride or flight, our commercial electronic systems help transport millions of passengers every day. Every second a plane takes off somewhere in the world, enabled by our flight-critical products. On the ground, our electric and hybrid solutions save more than 22 million gallons of fuel per year. Be part of our journey at Electronic Systems where you'll be among the brightest minds, working on the industry's most difficult problems. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first - exemplified by our mission: "We Innovate For Those Who Move The World." Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with us.
This role will work to establish and manage an effective engineering team to support a large program or several small programs to meet established cost, schedule and technical requirements as defined in the program plan. The PTL works with program managers and functional engineering managers to ensure effective engineering execution on the program.
The PTL coordinates and manages engineering activities on the assigned program(s) to comply with cost, schedule and technical requirements and established engineering practices in order to meet program commitments.
- Ensures that the engineering staff adheres to the approved plans by attending program control meetings, design reviews and by auditing processes, reviewing status and communicating regularly with the cost account managers.
- Reviews all technical changes to requirements. Coordinates the analysis of the impact of technical changes to schedule/budget and ensures implementation and consistent design integrity.
- Reviews and monitors engineering metrics on the program and provides technical support to the program manager.
- Manage system Design to Cost (DTC) and cost reduction activities.
- Interfaces with functional engineering organizations to ensure programs are adequately staffed and executed. Approves engineering cost account manager assignments for the program(s). Assesses all changes to the engineering cost, schedule, technical and risk baseline.
- Collaborates with Performance Excellence to tailor, as appropriate, the processes applicable to projects and programs. Ensures compliance with applicable engineering processes and standards.
- BS degree and 8+ years experience
- Minimum of three years of experience in Engineering Management, or Project Leadership
- Previous experience leading engineering team of five or more.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve cost, schedule, and customer objectives
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate engineering teams
- Demonstrated ability to integrate and coordinate a cross functional team
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- 6-10 years of Controls engineering functional management or project leadership experience
- Experience with IR&D development and production programs
- Previous experience leading engineering team of twenty or more.
- Previous experience leading safety critical projects
- Previous experience leading a multi-site team
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top