Engineering Project Team Lead
BAE Systems is looking for a Project Team Lead (PTL) to establish and manage an effective engineering team to support a large program or several small programs to meet established cost, schedule and technical requirements as defined in the program plan. The PTL works with program managers and functional engineering managers to ensure effective engineering execution on the program.
The PTL coordinates and manages engineering activities on the assigned program(s) to comply with cost, schedule and technical requirements and established engineering practices in order to meet program commitments.
The PTL serves as the engineering focal point for the program for integrated plans, issues reporting, risk management, subcontract management, etc. Coordinates the cost, schedule and technical inputs to support a competitive and executable proposal and obtains the appropriate approvals through engineering management.
- Ensures that the engineering staff adheres to the approved plans by attending program control meetings, design reviews and by auditing processes, reviewing status and communicating regularly with the cost account managers.
- Reviews all technical changes to requirements. Coordinates the analysis of the impact of technical changes to schedule/budget and ensures implementation and consistent design integrity.
- Reviews and monitors engineering metrics on the program and provides technical support to the program manager.
- Manage system Design to Cost (DTC) and cost reduction activities.
- Interfaces with functional engineering organizations to ensure programs are adequately staffed and executed. Approves engineering cost account manager assignments for the program(s). Assesses all changes to the engineering cost, schedule, technical and risk baseline.
- Collaborates with Performance Excellence to tailor, as appropriate, the processes applicable to projects and programs. Ensures compliance with applicable engineering processes and standards.
Bachelor's Degree and 15 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- BS degree and 15+ years experience
- Minimum of eight years of experience in Engineering Management, or Project Leadership
- Previous experience leading engineering team of ten or more.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve cost, schedule, and customer objectives
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate engineering teams
- Demonstrated ability to integrate and coordinate a cross functional team
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- 10-15 years of Controls engineering functional management or project leadership experience
- Experience with IR&D development and production programs
- Previous experience leading engineering team of twenty or more.
- Previous experience leading safety critical projects
- Previous experience leading a multi-site team
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top