Engineering Project Lead/System Engineer
The BAE Systems Los Angeles Business Center (LABC) is looking for a motivated Systems Engineer with Project Engineering Leadership experience to support international business growth opportunities in its Global Integrated Solutions Product Line.
If you are a Systems Engineer who has experience working throughout the entire lifecycle of a program, with an emphasis on leading Avionics engineering teams to project specific success, please apply!
Ideally the right candidate for this role will have Integrated Product Team Lead (IPTL) experience on Avionics products, as well as a solid background in ensuring successful project execution on multi-million dollar international programs. The right candidate will also possess proposal experience, requirements development (SOW & Specs), and functional hardware and software design experience, as project leadership coordination will be required across all engineering functions. Prior knowledge of Line Replaceable Unit (LRU) and Shop Replaceable Unit (SRU) testing philosophies is desired to support the development and production of Intermediate and Depot level logistic support solutions that are built at the LABC. The candidates must demonstrate sound interpersonal skills involving interfacing, coordinating and negotiating with company personnel, customers and suppliers across multiple locations.
Typical Duties and responsibilities involve the following:
- Integrated Product Team leader responsible for scheduling, assigning work, reviewing the technical adequacy of work products, meeting cost and schedule for assigned group, interface coordination with other groups and employee development.
- Support business leaders in identifying potential new products or business opportunities and define associated program requirements.
- International contacts and relationship development to ensure strong customer affinity for program execution.
- Support proposal development activities, including proposal text development, cost estimating and presentation activities.
- Prepare/deliver customer and technical presentations to senior management.
- Perform systems engineering functions by doing one or more of the following:
- Develop, allocate and manage complex systems level requirements.
- Review, develop and document system level operational concepts and mission statements.
- Research and develop complex systems designs and architectures.
- Prepare and/or review documentation for system designs and architectures in accordance with established systems development processes and procedures.
- Verify and validate moderately complex aspects of systems designs to ensure conformance with functional specifications and customer requirements.
- Produce and/or review technical documents, specifications and standards.
- Support various specialty-engineering tasks; such as Reliability, Maintainability & Availability analysis, Integrated Logistics Support, Failure Analysis, System Safety Engineering tasks, and Training Development for complex systems.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Experience with Earned Value (EV) Measurement Process, demonstrating an understanding of using EV for managing program performance using Schedule Performance Index (SPI) and Cost Performance Index (CPI).
- Understanding of Intermediate and Depot Level Maintenance support testing requirements
- Management of full scale development programs from requirements thru certification.
- Strong communication skills required as the IPTL/PE is the engineering lead and focal point to program management and senior management.
- A Self-motivated individual, with demonstrated ability to make decisions on how to proceed forward with minimal management guidance.
- Risk Development and Mitigation Planning experience
- Experience in avionics or electronic control related development, including familiarity with avionic systems (Ex: flight controls, actuators, autopilots, mission computers, etc.), interfaces and data buses.
- Experience in full lifecycle development including system requirements and design, system-level integration, validation, and verification
- Technical writing skills: capable of creating required engineering documentation.
- Experience in integrating electronic equipment including hardware/software.
- Demonstrated technical leadership ability to lead working groups or program teams.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Experience working international business understanding capabilities required to develop strong customer affinity.
- International offset experience, developing of technology transfer solutions with maximum potential for offset credits.
- Experience with development of requirements and operational system concepts.
- Working knowledge of model based development of systems and/or software
- Experience with Requirements Management tools (i.e. Doors) and Configuration Management and Problem Reporting tools (i.e. Synergy).
- Knowledgeable of commercial certification objectives and activities
- Experience with development of formal validation and verification procedures.
- Project Execution Management using Microsoft Project
- LRU/SRU Hardware and Software Design experience
- Acceptance Test Experience, Philosophy and testing at both Intermediate and Depot level.
- Previous or current security clearance
- Familiar with ARP4754, DO-178B/C and DO-254 or equivalent stringent process requirements
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top