Engineering Program Manager
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead a group of Engineers and Program Managers on Acquisition Program for Air Force Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) Program. Ensure engineering activities comply with cost, schedule, technical requirements and established engineering practices in order to meet program commitments.
- Create, shape and influence the acquisition strategy for BAE Systems and serve as the Engineering focal point for Reentry System strategic planning and provide bid and proposal support for engineering content, integrated engineering plans, issue reporting, and risk and opportunity management. Coordinates the engineering cost, schedule and technical inputs to support the Government in providing a competitive and executable GBSD proposal.
- Interfaces with cognizant program management, engineering cost account managers, design teams and functional engineering organizations to obtain agreement on allocated requirements, to resolve/clarify/revise system level requirements issues and ambiguities in configuration item design during the program development phase.
- Develops engineering project and plans. Ensures that the engineering staff adheres to the approved plans by attending program control meetings, design reviews, reviewing status and communicating regularly with the cost account managers.
- Reviews all technical changes to requirements from the program office. Coordinates the analysis of the impact of technical changes to schedule/budget and ensures implementation and consistent design integrity. Reviews & monitors engineering metrics on the program and provides technical support to the Air Force program manager.
- Mentors less experienced Program Engineering Managers. Provides input to performance appraisals for lead engineers on the assigned program.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 15 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education -Bachelors degree
- 15+ Years Technical Program Management Experience
- 5+ Years Engineering Management/Supervision Experience
- Systems Engineering Experience
Preferred Skills and Education -5+ Years ICBM Experience preferred
- Reentry System/Reentry Vehicle experience a definite plus
- Air Force 5000.20 acquisition experience desired
- Scientific or Engineering degree highly desirable
- Organizational and leadership experience About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Information Solutions, based in Reston, Virginia, is among the 10 largest IT providers to the U.S. government, serving most of the federal defense and civilian marketplace. It provides network-centric command, control, computing, and intelligence (C3I) solutions; wideband networking radio systems; information systems for the U.S. intelligence community; geospatial information services; and information technology services. Leveraging its knowledge of signals and data derived from signals, Information Solutions has attained a market-leading position in advanced information technology research, intelligence analysis and production, and geospatial exploitation software. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top