Engineering Product Test Engineer
- Fort Wayne, IN
Responsible for supporting avionics electronics manufacturing and service facility; defining and maintaining hardware test requirements; and providing engineering guidance and project leadership to Fort Wayne Air Transport (AT) Operations organizations.
Primary responsibilities of an Engineering Product Test Engineer (EPTE) includes supporting the continuous improvement of product throughput test yields and delivered quality. The EPTE is also responsible for providing electrical design engineering support - coordinating activities with the Endicott, New York Design organization and demonstrating ownership as the focal point contact to Fort Wayne Operations during critical product investigations and/or qualification activities on assigned products/processes. Interfacing with internal and external customers on performance metrics, quality issues, and other requests is required.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Maintenance of engineering requirements and procedures (including functional test and environmental stress screening).
- Providing engineering leadership and analysis necessary to continually improve and control product test yields and delivered quality utilizing Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma methods
- Interpretation of engineering specifications and drawings for manufacturing and service center organizations to ensure compliance to both internal and external customer requirements.
- Generating presentation data packages for internal/external customer reviews and meetings.
- Disposition of suspect non-conformances in collaboration with Quality utilizing Material Review Board (MRB) procedures and practices.
Required Skills and Education
- BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent and 2 years of experience.
- Proficient at interpreting engineering documentation and industry standards.
- Proven technical skills using test and analysis instrumentation.
- Demonstrated proficiency in isolating electrical failures to root cause. Strong electrical troubleshooting skills.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledgeable in electronics manufacturing procedures and practices.
- Familiarity with the manufacturing and test of high reliability circuit card assemblies and their associated line replaceable units (LRU).
- Experienced with use of complex analytical tools.
- Experience with Avionics' interfaces.
- Greenbelt certified in statistical process control techniques.
- Experience working in a high-paced manufacturing environment.
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top