Engineering New Business Proposal Lead
- Endicott, NY
You don't see it, but it's there. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics - from saving emissions in the City of Lights to powering the Mars Rover to protecting the F-35 fighter jet. At Electronic Systems, you'll be among the brightest minds, working on the aerospace and defense industry's most difficult problems. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first - exemplified by our missions: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®" and "We Innovate For Those Who Move The World TM ." Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with us.
In Controls & Avionics Solutions, you will have the opportunity to help define and develop the next generation of avionics - whether it is fly-by-wire flight controls, full authority digital engine controls, or power management.
The successful candidate will be responsible for executing bid and proposal activities from the Phase 1B review through to Technical Bid Review, supporting the capture manager with proposal preparation as required. They will focus on consistent application of the bid process, across all product and Business Areas, by:
Working with the technical solution team and product lead to derive the optimal solution with respect to customer needs and price to win (both recurring and non recurring)
Focusing on technology maturity and availability for any bid, detailing any gaps
The generation of knowledge for the execution team and to improve the bid process
Generating an execution strategy, focusing on learn first and risk mitigation early in the program
Managing the generation of the technical proposal supporting the bid
Working with other BAE locations including the UK to promote consistency and lessons learned
Leading the solution through the relevant LCM processes
Promoting and embedding best practice, using the Standard WBS and a Memorandum of Cost
Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
- Candidates must have 4 or more years experience in engineering development / execution coupled with product experience in one or more of the following: Flight Control, Engine Controls, Displays, Helmets, Mission Computing or Power and Energy Management.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with technical leaders, peers, subordinates, and customers
- Demonstrated ability to plan and to execute a diverse range of technical activities with minimal direction; multi-functional engineering knowledge
- Demonstrated experience presenting to engineering leadership
- Strong technical writing and presentation skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work in an integrated product team environment
Preferred Skills and Education
- Demonstrated experience leading proposals, constructing engineering costs as a bidder, constructing a WBS and MoC's.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with business leaders, technical leaders, peers, subordinates, and customers
- Demonstrated ability to drive technical decisions across multiple platforms / product lines
- Demonstrated experience presenting to engineering management at Technical bid reviews
- Demonstrated ability to lead technical aspects of new business development.
- MS in an engineering discipline.
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top