Engineering Leadership Development Program (ELDP) - Controls
Position is based out of Electronic Systems Controls site in Endicott, NY with rotation assignment opportunities at Fort Wayne, IN site.
Engineering disciplines include electrical and software.
The Controls ELDP accomplishes its mission with the following four components:
- Technical Development
- Technical master’s degree
- Internal technical development curriculum aligned with technologies which drive our business
- Leadership Development
- Yearly Leadership Development Conference attendance
- Quarterly leadership development modules delivered by organizational leaders
- Rotational Work Assignments
- Typical 1 year duration
- Diversity of work assignments (business area, product group, engineering discipline)
- New cohort mentored by graduating class
- Current participants mentored by technical experts
- Program graduates mentored by senior leaders
Products are primarily safety critical embedded systems such as flight control computers, engine controls computers, cabin systems, flight deck panels as well as hybrid-drive systems for ground vehicles.
Electrical Design – Rotation opportunities exist in areas including analog design, digital design, HDL, electromagnetic interference, prototype development and failure analysis.
Software Design – Rotation opportunities may include design, coding, integration and verification for software which may have to meet DO-178B/C standards.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Eligibility:
- Undergraduate or Graduate degree in engineering with a GPA > 3.0
- US Citizenship or Permanent Residency
- Capacity and motivation for hard work,
- Desire to gain strong technical foundation,
- Demonstrated teamwork and leadership abilities,
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills,
Application Requirements: When applying to the ELDP, please submit the following to the Controls ELDP Manager via email at [email protected]
- Unofficial transcript
- Cover letter indicating why you are interested in the ELDP
Preferred Skills and Education Graduate degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or Computer Science
Internship experience in the engineering field
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top