Engineering Lab Coordiantor
At BAE Systems, we deliver a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. If you are an individual that enjoys a cohesive team environment and is interested in a variety of challenges across a variety of products, then we are interested in hearing from you!
BAE Systems - FAST Labs business area, the innovative research and development engine within the Electronic Systems Sector of BAE is currently seeking an Engineering Lab Coordinator I.
In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring that the engineering lab complies with and meets all the requirements of internal and external/government security, safety and ISO 9001 audits. Oversees the activities performed in the engineering lab and maintains records for classified equipment, fabrication and testing of assemblies/subassemblies, in accordance with the ISO standards.
- Coordinates and supports engineering lab activities by procuring a variety of materials within the lab, troubleshooting related problems, and developing solutions. Assists engineers in working with manufacturing support personnel (i.e., manufacturing engineering, quality assurance, production control and material control) in order to ensure the smooth transition of new designs into the prototype manufacturing group.
- Controls visitor access to the engineering lab and maintains the access list of authorized people in the lab. Supports visits, tours and audits of the area by auditors, visitors or other authorized personnel.
- Acts as the liaison with internal and external/government auditors and participates in monthly audits of the lab. Is responsible for the success or failure of the audit.
- Ensures that employees working in the lab understand established lab guidelines and practice them. Verifies that persons operating equipment are qualified/certified.
- Maintains records of all capital equipment and government furnished equipment used in the lab. Monitors the calibration requirements for test equipment signed out to the lab and notifies Test Equipment Maintenance and Control (T.E.M.A.C.) when equipment is relocated.
- Maintains required records for classified AIS equipment and coordinates changes to classified equipment and software with appropriate personnel.
- Receives and maintains records of materials utilized in the lab for end item products in accordance with IEWS' material handling procedures. Reviews material in the lab for age control and ensures that all chemicals in the lab are approved by IEWS Chemical Review Board and ensures that Safety Data Sheets (SDS) are available.
- Adheres to and ensures compliance with all security regulations. Ensures good housekeeping in accordance with federal specifications which relate to material handling in government work.
- Identifies problem areas through the observation of lab activity. Monitors lab for conformance to lab guidelines and notifies Lab Supervisor of any infractions.
- Participates in the proposal preparation effort when requested by utilizing assembly standards, material lists and other factors to formulate labor estimates.
- Initiates requests for quality assurance and reliability studies for evaluation where required. Assists in defining requirements in order to develop new/improved procedures.
- Establishes and maintains an effective working relationship with related division group and corporate functions.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
Typical Education & Experience
Requires an Associate's Degree in Business Administration or equivalent and two (2) years experience in material or configuration control; or High School or its equivalent and six (6) years material or configuration control experience.
Required Skills and Education
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Must be eligible to obtain a security clearance
- 2 - 5 years experience in material or configuration control
- Test equipment knowledge, with ability to cross reference test equipment capabilities
- Organized team player, with a sense of continuous improvement and ready to make suggestions.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top