Engineering Intern I (Class of 2020)
BAE Systems’ Electronic Systems (ES) sector is looking for candidates to join our Test Engineering team starting in the Spring of 2017. We have intern positions for talented, up and coming software, electrical, mechanical, or computer science engineers who want to work at a progressive company where technical excellence is highly valued. Our mission is “We protect those who protect us”, and as a Test Engineering Intern in Electronic Systems, you will develop your engineering skills while helping us protect the brave men and women in our armed forces, intelligence communities and first responders.
ES develops advanced electronic solutions which are fielded on everything from Electronic Warfare (EW) mission systems to state of the art imaging, targeting, guidance, and survivability solutions to assist and protect the warfighter. Our products must work the first time and every time because people’s lives depend on it. Every product must be rigorously tested to ensure we deliver a robust product to our customers.
Test Engineering interns work side-by-side with experienced developers and senior engineering staff. BAE Systems’ Intern Program also offers professional development classes and an opportunity to participate in collaborative group projects that are presented to executive leadership.
This internship will be at BAE Systems in southern New Hampshire. The internship is a paid internship and has a work schedule that includes every other Friday off.
Some of the responsibilities of a Test Engineering Intern I include:
- Support senior engineering personnel in the design, development and selection of basic hardware components utilizing fundamental mechanical engineering principles, theories and techniques.
- Support senior engineering personnel in the design and development of test software.
- Develop and revise technical drawing packages based on examples and company standards.
- Perform specific technical assignments of an investigatory, design or test nature requiring limited analysis and evaluation, selection and application of basic engineering principles, theories and techniques.
- Prepare charts, diagrams and reports expressing technical progress and accomplishments measured against specific plans.
Required Skills and Education
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be eligible to obtain a US Government Secret level clearance
- Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate program for Electrical, Software, Mechanical, Computer Science or a related field
- Must have completed the equivalent of the Freshman year of an undergraduate program
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office produc
Preferred Skills and Education
- GPA of 3.0 or higher is strongly preferred
- Secret Clearance or higher preferred
- Participated in First Robotics or similar projects
- Taken software or control classes
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Worked in lab or manufacturing environments
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top