Engineering Intern - Electrical, Software or Mechanical
The Commercial Aircraft Solutions business area is looking for talented students pursuing a career in the fields of electrical design, software design or mechanical design. Internship opportunities are available to perform professional technical work which requires knowledge and application of basic engineering principles, theories and concepts to complete assignments under direct technical supervision. This hands-on experience will complement technical coursework.
Interns will be assigned roles on programs or special projects consistent with their level of education and experience. In this capacity the intern will work independently but under the guidance of a mentor to learn about the engineering principles and technical development specific to BAE Systems.
For Electrical Design (Electrical or Computer Engineers) duties may include:
- Assisting design and development of specific electronic modules or components to meet design requirements
- Supporting electrical analysis, compiling data for investigation
- Assisting in design and fabrication of prototype hardware
- Supporting the electrical testing of hardware and documenting results
- Generating and reviewing the electrical design content of drawings, engineering specifications and reports
For Software Design (Computer Engineers or Computer Science) duties may include:
- Assisting design and development of software components to meet specified design requirements
- Developing, reviewing and documenting software requirements, design and code
- Supporting hardware and software integration including investigating and debugging issues
- Supporting verification of design by developing test procedures, analyzing results, and troubleshooting failures
For Mechanical Design (Mechanical Engineers) duties may include:
- Assisting design and development of packaging modules, mechanisms or components to meet design requirements
- Supporting mechanical analyses and compiling data for investigation
- Assisting in the design and fabrication of prototype hardware
- Supporting environmental testing of hardware including: vibration, shock, thermal, fatigue and others as required
- Documenting test results for review by senior engineers
- Generating and reviewing the technical content of drawings, engineering specifications and reports Required Skills and Education Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program for Computer, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science or a related field.
Must have completed the equivalent of one year of an undergraduate engineering program.
GPA of 3.0 or higher is required.
US citizenship or permanent residence required Preferred Skills and Education Electrical: Experience with MathCAD and Pspice or similar circuit analysis tools
Software: Embedded programming and knowledge of real time operating systems
Mechanical: Experience with Creo or equivalent CAD modeling software About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Electronic Systems, based in Nashua, New Hampshire, provides systems and products that maximize the effectiveness and safety of fighting forces and first responders. Its offerings include infrared countermeasures and electronic protection systems for military and civilian aircraft; information management systems; signal acquisition, analysis, and exploitation systems that optimize use of the electromagnetic spectrum by friendly forces while denying its use by adversaries; interoperable communications systems for firefighters and other first responders; thermal weapon sights; precision targeting systems; situational awareness systems for ground vehicles; night-vision systems; identification friend or foe systems; and radiation-hardened electronics. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top