Engineering I- Manufacturing
The Manufacturing Engineer will be in charge of manufacturing processes and engineering and technical support for welding and manual machining operations in fabrication/manufacture of products. Researches, develops, and improves manufacturing processes, methods, and systems for products, facilities, fixtures, tooling, equipment, and/or materials. Researches and recommends weld/portable equipment, identifying limitations, safety concerns and capabilities. Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree with three (3) years experience, or equivalent. Required Skills and Education -Creates, plans, and performs engineering design, development, analysis, experimentation, test, and/or product assurance tasks of moderate complexity for assigned portions of a project.
- Ensures tasks meet cost, quality, schedule, and performance requirements.
- Applies engineering design and/or analytical theory, principles, techniques and practices to a portion of a technical project.
- Applies basic knowledge of the design of organization’s products and technology to solve moderately complex and clearly defined engineering problems.
- Selects welding equipment for applicable welding processes and perishable tools for manual machine processes.
- Supports applicable Non-Destructive Examination (NDE) by evaluating results and performing root cause/corrective action as required.
- Develops and writes technical documentation, makes revisions to existing documentation, and provides input to technical papers or presentations.
- May deliver technical presentations.
- Performs technical analysis, testing, calculations, and evaluation of results to solve moderately complex engineering problems using specialized equipment and/or by computer programs.
- Analyzes and interprets design specifications, drawings, documentation, models, and/or test results to ensure technical designs comply with applicable engineering standards, military specifications, and product requirements.
- Provides input to project leaders for the development of project plans, schedules, and budgets.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with customers to solve technical problems of moderate complexity.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of relevant engineering discipline(s), industry practices, trends, and applications.
- May direct the work of less senior technical personnel.
Preferred Skills and Education Bachelors degree preferred in manufacturing application; ideally, Weld. Seeking entry-level candidates with 3-5 years of experience.
Will entertain candidates with an Associates degree (manufacturing type science) with additional experience supporting a production process. About BAE Systems Platforms & Services Posting BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top