Engineering Hardware Facilitator
The Discipline Facilitator position provides an opportunity for a mid-career engineer to work closely with the Engineering Discipline Director and the ES Defense Hardware staff to get exposure to the mechanics of a large organization. This insight is intended to better prepare the individual for future career opportunities. The Facilitator is responsible for many of the tactical elements required to execute the day-to-day activities within the discipline and is an integral member of the leadership team. This position is intended to last 9 -12 months and can be located at any site at the discretion of the hiring manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works directly with the Discipline Director and his/her staff to plan and execute critical business activities and projects.
- Leads/assists in the preparation and distribution of various meeting agendas, meeting notices, minutes and actions. Runs various
meetings, as required.
- Gathers and analyzes data that pertains to the health of the discipline and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Understands and implements company policies, procedures and processes.
- Reviews, researches and summarizes a variety of information and prepares related reports.
- Monitors assignments delegated to staff and facilitates timely completion to meet deadlines.
- Coordinates discretionary activities in support of the discipline (capital, tools, training, etc.).
- Initiates/coordinates communications on a wide variety of matters.
- Coordinates administrative activities across the organization.
- Assists the Director on special projects.
- Proactively provide perspective to the Discipline Director and staff in the form of the “voice of the practitioner”.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education • Sound leadership and interpersonal skills involving interfacing, coordinating, leading, influencing and negotiating with individuals and groups.
- Ability to manage multi-faceted projects involving budgets, schedules, staffing and other resources across the organization.
- Working knowledge of discipline processes, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to work in a multi-ethnic and multi-cultural environment across diverse sites/locations.
- Demonstrated ability to handle and analyze sensitive data.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top