Engineer Systems Integration - Entry Level
- Wallops Island, VA
BAE Systems is seeking entry-level Systems Integration Engineers to be part of our team. This position will be located in Wallops Island, VA working at the U.S. Navy's Surface Combat Systems Center (SCSC). SCSC provides live combat systems suites with platform specific radars and sensors and supports the following functions: combat system lifetime support engineering, platform certification, operational and technical evaluation, combat system training, interoperability testing and participates in at-sea exercises. SCSC provides a high-fidelity representative combat system of every ship in the AEGIS and Ship Self Defense System (SSDS) fleet today and those planned in the future.
The successful candidate will be supporting the Navy's surface ship combat system programs in multiple warfare areas using system engineering disciplines.
The combat system engineering team combines system elements, associated equipment, firmware and software while leveraging the resources of key personnel to form a functional operational system. The responsibilities will include:
- Direct participation in the system development process with combat system design agent in the activation of current and future baselines
- Translate customer and design requirements into software or hardware solutions
- Perform technical planning, system integration, system verification, and validation
- Plan and design the physical installation requirements (e.g., provides power, cooling, space, weight, grounding data for hardware installations)
- Design interfaces for new equipment to existing systems or for reconfiguring systems to provide greater flexibility and capacity
- Ensures strict adherence to all mechanical and electrical hardware specifications
- Overall design and structure of the site's combat system interfaces and network switching to include internal and external interfaces
- Support validation of ship's combat system design through the site installation, integration and certification testing process.
- Participate in design reviews
Provide system Life Cycle support installing equipment upgrades and removing obsolete components to ensure the site's combat system configurations are current and support site test requirements.
This position is controlled by the Service Contract Act (SCA) and is classified as non-exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
Required Skills and Education
Minimum education and years of related work experience required: Associate's degree from an accredited college or university in an engineering, scientific or technical discipline, or five (5) years of demonstrated knowledge relevant to AEGIS, AEGIS BMD, SSDS or DDG 1000 Weapon and Combat Systems
Security clearance requirements: Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance (US Citizenship required). The selected candidate will receive a contingent offer and the start date will be delayed until an interim Secret clearance is granted.
Preferred Skills and Education
Highly desired, but not required:
Active DoD Secret security clearance
BS from an accredited college or university in an engineering, scientific or technical discipline
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top