Eng Technologist II
The main responsibility for this position is to provide direct technical and administrative support for Combat System Project Engineers (CSPEs) and assessment team members conducting Chief Naval Operations (CNO) availabilities and assessment events on AEGIS Combat System elements and equipment. Applicant will be responsible to generate valid 2-Kilos for uploading to Ship's Current Ship Maintenance Plan (CSMP) and tracking through resolution across various lifecycle events.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative and technical support to Combat System Project Engineer (CSPE) by maintaining various databases, coordinating and documenting meetings, compiling manning reports, developing ship related documents, and corresponding with test team and assessment team members and other participating entities
- Collect, technically validate, process, and manage all Combat System assessment discrepancies in accordance with Fleet Wholeness and Aegis Readiness initiatives adhering to specific Navy instructions administered by Command Naval Regional Maintenance Center (CNRMC), Commander Naval Surface Pacific (CNSP), and Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA)
- Technically validate submitted assessment discrepancies for completeness and accuracy and generate valid 2-kilos to bulk load to Ship's CSMP for tracking throughout lifecycle
- Conduct routine CSMP reviews and gather discrepancy updates from shipboard meetings, 8 o'clock reports and through interfacing with availability team
- Collaborate with CSPE, Log Rep, assessment team, and Ship's Force to accurately track and status jobs and respective parts through resolution
- Facilitate and participate in planning/execution telcons and meetings, preparing and distributing minutes and reports, and tracking action items through resolution, as required
- Provide routine reports on discrepancy and parts status
- Prepare applicable presentation material for kick-off meetings, daily hot-wash events, out-briefs and all turnover conferences
- Manage and maintain availability support documentation; e.g.; availability milestones, test and integration schedules, lessons learned, weekly production/test reports, final report inputs, and turnover documentation
- Perform duties in both office and industrial (shipboard) environments
- Perform other tasking, as directed by program management, CSPEs and/or other team leads
This position is located in Norfolk, VA. There is no relocation assistance available for this position. Applicants must be currently residing in or state willingness to relocate self to Norfolk or surrounding areas.
Please be sure to address all requirements of posted requisition in resume. Only resumes that include all requirements will be considered.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top