Eng Sr - Weld
Provides engineering support for welding operations in manufacture of combat products. Develops concepts , designs, performance, and fabrication, test and modifications for these products. Recommends weld equipment. Prepares and conducts weld engineering analysis of materials and procedures, engaged in weld procedure and performance qualifications. Utilizes knowledge of metallurgy, material weldability, welding robotics, and associated programming. Reviews supplier capability and suitability to provide acceptable product and comply with government specifications. Develops or contributes to the creation of welding standards and specifications. Develops special weld repairs as necessary.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates, plans, and performs engineering design, development, analysis, experimentation, test, and/or product assurance tasks of moderate complexity for assigned portions of a project. Ensures tasks meet cost, quality, schedule, and performance requirements.
- Applies engineering design and/or analytical theory, principles, techniques and practices to a portion of a technical project. Applies basic knowledge of the design of organization's products and technology to solve moderately complex and clearly defined engineering problems. Selects the best method or process from among several existing alternatives.
- Develops and writes technical documentation, makes revisions to existing documentation, and provides input to technical papers or presentations. May deliver technical presentations.
- Performs technical analysis, testing, calculations, and evaluation of results to solve moderately complex engineering problems using specialized equipment and/or by computer programs.
- Analyzes and interprets design specifications, drawings, documentation, models, and/or test results to ensure technical designs comply with applicable engineering standards, military specifications, and product requirements.
- Provides input to project leaders for the development of project plans, schedules, and budgets.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with customers to solve technical problems of moderate complexity.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of relevant engineering discipline(s), industry practices, trends, and applications.
- May direct the work of less senior technical personnel.
- Maintains a safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety objectives and policies and rules.
- Shares responsibility of self-development with immediate supervisor.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top