Eng Sr - Sys
The Remote Sensing (RS) Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) team in El Segundo, CA has an immediate need for a Weather Interface Engineer with experience in Department of Defense (DoD) space-based remote sensing systems. Candidate will provide SE&I support to the Air Force's Weather programs in support of the Space and Missile Systems Center Remote Sensing Directorate (SMC/RS). Candidate will support effective documentation and management of space and ground interfaces for DoD Weather systems. Candidate should have experience with, system acquisition, systems engineering lifecycle, and architecture development for space and ground systems (especially at SMC). Major duties of the position include:
- Providing architecture and interface control documentation support for current and future space and ground systems for early acquisition, through operations and sustainment.
- Leading interface trade studies in collaboration with development, operations, and sustainment stakeholders to evaluate and optimize interfaces in support of current and future operational requirements.
- Evaluate existing architecture and interface products for suitability and produce new architecture and interface products that meet program acquisition, operations, and sustainment requirements.
- Analyze and manage proposed changes to existing architectural and interface control documentation under configuration control by SMC/RS.
- Manage interdependencies, identify disconnects between current/future architectures and interfaces, identify and conduct key system trades to resolve current system interface issues
- Analyze new acquisition programs and projects and make recommendations regarding ways to manage and optimize interfaces and interface documentation with existing systems under sustainment.
- Analyze new and existing acquisition programs to Identify and manage procurement and production of architectural products needed to support cybersecurity and system protection assessments with existing systems and future systems under sustainment.
- Identify and manage risks for multiple programs as well as developing risk mitigation courses of action.
- Provide expert analysis to assess impacts of ongoing and future changes involving SMC/RS systems and their interfaces with external systems.
- Develop DoDAF products to support program milestones and documentation requirements.
- Support the development of acquisition-related briefings, plans, papers, and other documentation in support of SMC/RS decision making.
- Collaborating with prime contractors, other team contractors, government civilians, and members of the U.S. Air Force.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top