Eng Sr - Sys
BAE Systems is looking to hire an experienced Power Electronics Engineer with experience in design, analysis, test and integration of motor drives, grid tie systems and exportable power as well as high power DC/DC converters. Responsibilities may include DC – AC, AC-AC and DC – DC power conversion from 1W – 1MW and 28 to 800VDC / 460VAC. Experience with power magnetics design, machine control and EMI control is also desirable. An individual at this level should demonstrate the leadership ability to lead small work groups or program teams.
Duties and responsibilities include the following:
Detailed design, analysis and testing of:
- Polyphase Motor Drive powertrains from thermal feasibility to detailed design of busbars, snubbers and DC link.
- Cost Effective Gate Driver Architectures and circuit design for MOSFET, Si IGBT and SiC devices
- Isolated and Non-Isolated High Power DC/DC converters (greater than 1kW)
- System level DC link interactions
- EMI Filters and control for high power inverters, motor drives and DC/DC converters
- Filters for importable and exportable sine wave power for grid tie and other applications
- Defining of requirements for motor control software and interfacing hardware components including voltage and current sensors, power stages, speed sensors
- Practical understanding to drive implementation of motor controller functionality, behaviors, and algorithms
- Develop, test and validate motor control algorithms in the laboratory and on target systems
- Architect and analyze vehicle level power systems potentially utilizing multiple Motor Drives, Energy Storage Systems, Fuel Cells, and DC/DC converters.
- Architect test fixtures and test systems for motor drives and other power conversion products
- Prepare and/or review documentation for power systems designs and architectures
- Perform circuit and/or power system integration at Circuit Board, Electronic Enclosure, and Vehicle Level
- Produce and/or review technical documents, test procedures, specifications and standards
- Prepare and present design reviews and customer technical presentations
- Write Technical Proposals
- Manufacturing operations production and test issues
- Test Equipment design and troubleshooting
- Component quality and procurement issues
- Reliability Engineering Activities such as FMEA, Stress Analysis, Tolerance analysis
- Field Service Technicians, or Field Support Group with Power Systems Issues
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top